*You thought you had it bad. Damon Dash is in some deep debt. On the “Sway in the Morning” show on Shade 45, the rapper revealed that his troubles with the IRS exceeded the original $2million it was thought that he owed.
“I owe way more than $2 million in taxes. That must’ve just been the IRS,” Dash said, laughing, before admitting that he was in a bad space financially. “Nah, nah, I’m f—ed up.”
Dash and his former partners Jay-Z and Kareem “Biggs” Burke founded Roc-A-Fella Records and released a few singles. As the company grew, Jay-Z eventually left the trio because he basically outgrew his home.
But that left Dash and friends out in the cold. So he started other business ventures, but eventually ran into some tax issues.
“They’re auditing me. When you’re a business man, you have a lot of businesses, a lot of times they think you’re laundering money or you’re pretending you’re writing things off that you don’t,” he continued. “I’m a true businessman. As you know, I believe in my independence, I have no partners, so every dollar I make goes right back into every business I have.”
He claims that the audit is due to his accountant’s failure to itemize his expenses. Now that things are in motion, he can’t make any real big moves. Instead, he’ll be waiting for what he thinks will be a long process to be over.
Get More: MTV Shows
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here