*Though its ratings are not as robust as, say, “Modern Family,” the NBC sitcom “Community” – which follows a crew of students and teachers at a community college – has not only developed a cult following among viewers and become a critical darling, but is about to enter its third season on Sept. 22 with the chemistry among its eclectic cast members better than ever.
In fact, it’s the chemistry that co-star Yvette Nicole Brown says keeps viewers coming back each Thursday night at 8.
“You know what, I think that we all just like to make each other laugh,” she said of her cast at the Television Critics Association conference this year. “So a lot of times when I’m in a take, and it’s like we’re on take 57 around the study table, I’ll think to myself, ‘This one is for Danny [Pudi],’ and I’ll just do something just to make him giggle because he’s right across the table from me, or I know that, me and Alison [Brie] sometimes have little looks and stuff that we have. That’s really just for us, and the fact that the camera catches it is great. I think that the audience is kind of in on our little fun that we’re having, and I hope that it translates. I think that’s where it comes from.”
In the audio bonus below, Brown, 40, says the writers also give each character multiple layers to play with.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here