*Though its ratings are not as robust as, say, “Modern Family,” the NBC sitcom “Community” – which follows a crew of students and teachers at a community college – has not only developed a cult following among viewers and become a critical darling, but is about to enter its third season on Sept. 22 with the chemistry among its eclectic cast members better than ever.
In fact, it’s the chemistry that co-star Yvette Nicole Brown says keeps viewers coming back each Thursday night at 8.
“You know what, I think that we all just like to make each other laugh,” she said of her cast at the Television Critics Association conference this year. “So a lot of times when I’m in a take, and it’s like we’re on take 57 around the study table, I’ll think to myself, ‘This one is for Danny [Pudi],’ and I’ll just do something just to make him giggle because he’s right across the table from me, or I know that, me and Alison [Brie] sometimes have little looks and stuff that we have. That’s really just for us, and the fact that the camera catches it is great. I think that the audience is kind of in on our little fun that we’re having, and I hope that it translates. I think that’s where it comes from.”
In the audio bonus below, Brown, 40, says the writers also give each character multiple layers to play with.
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here