*LifeSiteNews.com reports that pro-life activists have long pointed out that in order to end the great human rights tragedy of abortion, it isn’t enough simply to fight abortion in the courts or the legislatures: it’s necessary to build a “culture of life” where abortion is unthinkable, and where the social structures actively encourage protecting life.
In many respects the central fight in this battle is the fight over the family and marriage. Studies have consistently shown that stable families built upon life-long, committed marriages between a man and a woman are by far the best for protecting life – and it isn’t hard to see why: a woman is more likely to go through with a pregnancy when she knows she’ll have a husband around to help her care for and raise the child, and a man is less likely to pressure the mother of his child to abort (even when the pregnancy is unintended) when he has committed to spending his life with her.
In the case of less stable relationships, however, when an unintended pregnancy occurs, the man and the woman are more likely to want to “get rid of the problem,” “just in case” the relationship breaks down in the future.
Read more at LifeSiteNews.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here