Hugh Jackman stars as a down-and-out boxer who is rendered irrelevant by the new fighting machines and reluctantly decides to team up with his son to build a robot that can kick some a** and win him a desperately-needed championship payday.
Mackie, whose character is like the Don King of boxing’s underworld, says he couldn’t help but think of the infamous wild-haired promoter when approaching his role.
“I’ve always loved boxing, I’ve always participated in male, professional, athletic, combat sports,” Mackie told us with a grin. “So when I got the script, I read it and I was like, ‘This dude is amazing.’ If I think of Don King how he got to where he was, I look at him like [my character], you know, fighting to lay the groundwork to control and create something that’s unlike everything else.”
Inevitably, Jackman and Mackie’s character Finn come face to face [see clips below], and Mackie says he was shocked to discover that the Aussie film and Broadway star is actually not an “a**hole.”
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here