Hugh Jackman stars as a down-and-out boxer who is rendered irrelevant by the new fighting machines and reluctantly decides to team up with his son to build a robot that can kick some a** and win him a desperately-needed championship payday.
Mackie, whose character is like the Don King of boxing’s underworld, says he couldn’t help but think of the infamous wild-haired promoter when approaching his role.
“I’ve always loved boxing, I’ve always participated in male, professional, athletic, combat sports,” Mackie told us with a grin. “So when I got the script, I read it and I was like, ‘This dude is amazing.’ If I think of Don King how he got to where he was, I look at him like [my character], you know, fighting to lay the groundwork to control and create something that’s unlike everything else.”
Inevitably, Jackman and Mackie’s character Finn come face to face [see clips below], and Mackie says he was shocked to discover that the Aussie film and Broadway star is actually not an “a**hole.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Melanie Liburd Joins ‘Game of Thrones’ as The Red Priestess
- Rihanna Hosts Art Gallery Reveal of New Album Cover & Title (Pic)
- Michelle Obama Will Appear on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here