Hugh Jackman stars as a down-and-out boxer who is rendered irrelevant by the new fighting machines and reluctantly decides to team up with his son to build a robot that can kick some a** and win him a desperately-needed championship payday.
Mackie, whose character is like the Don King of boxing’s underworld, says he couldn’t help but think of the infamous wild-haired promoter when approaching his role.
“I’ve always loved boxing, I’ve always participated in male, professional, athletic, combat sports,” Mackie told us with a grin. “So when I got the script, I read it and I was like, ‘This dude is amazing.’ If I think of Don King how he got to where he was, I look at him like [my character], you know, fighting to lay the groundwork to control and create something that’s unlike everything else.”
Inevitably, Jackman and Mackie’s character Finn come face to face [see clips below], and Mackie says he was shocked to discover that the Aussie film and Broadway star is actually not an “a**hole.”
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here