*Music industry veteran Norwood Young says he was in the process of booking his close friend Vesta Williams as the first guest for his new Internet talk show set to premiere next month when he heard the shocking news that her body was discovered Thursday in an El Segundo, CA hotel room.
“Vesta was like my sister. We’ve been friends for over 15 years and we worked together, sang together, partied together, loved together, and we spoke quite often as family does,” Young told EURWeb’s Lee Bailey in an exclusive phone interview.
With an episode of TV One’s “Unsung” in the works, Norwood said the powerhouse singer “was at another highpoint in her life” when she passed. While TMZ.com is reporting of “multiple bottles of prescription pills – some empty” – found in her hotel room, and that her death is being treated as either an accident or suicide, Norwood insists this was “absolutely not” a suicide. Listen below.
Norwood said Williams was living at the hotel where her body was found because she was in the process of moving from her apartment to a new place. He said he knew something was wrong on Sunday when she failed to return his phone call as quickly as she normally does.
In the audio below, Norwood explains Vesta’s excitement over shooting “Unsung” and details the timeline of events leading up to her death.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here