*Music industry veteran Norwood Young says he was in the process of booking his close friend Vesta Williams as the first guest for his new Internet talk show set to premiere next month when he heard the shocking news that her body was discovered Thursday in an El Segundo, CA hotel room.
“Vesta was like my sister. We’ve been friends for over 15 years and we worked together, sang together, partied together, loved together, and we spoke quite often as family does,” Young told EURWeb’s Lee Bailey in an exclusive phone interview.
With an episode of TV One’s “Unsung” in the works, Norwood said the powerhouse singer “was at another highpoint in her life” when she passed. While TMZ.com is reporting of “multiple bottles of prescription pills – some empty” – found in her hotel room, and that her death is being treated as either an accident or suicide, Norwood insists this was “absolutely not” a suicide. Listen below.
Norwood said Williams was living at the hotel where her body was found because she was in the process of moving from her apartment to a new place. He said he knew something was wrong on Sunday when she failed to return his phone call as quickly as she normally does.
In the audio below, Norwood explains Vesta’s excitement over shooting “Unsung” and details the timeline of events leading up to her death.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here