*Essence magazine and BET Networks teamed up to celebrate actress Tracee Ellis Ross’ September issue Essence magazine cover and the premiere of her new BET show, “Reed Between the Lines.”
Hosted by Constance C.R. White, editor-in-chief, Essence, and Debra L. Lee, chairman and chief executive officer, BET Networks, co-hosted the ultimate glam get-together on Saturday evening, September 10, 2011 at New York City’s trendy Shun Lee on West 65th Street in New York City.
The party was held just a stone’s throw away from Lincoln Center where the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is taking place. Although this was a very private party, many fashionistas tried to crash as the buzz in the tents was that this was the party to be at. There was also a strong rumor that Diana Ross might be there fused by the fact that the party was for her next to oldest daughter, Tracee.
Although Mama Ross was a no-show, who did make it was Ross’ co-star Malcolm-Jamal Warner; actor Michael Ealy; singer Corinne Bailey Rae; BET’s “106 & Park” host Rosci Diaz; and Ross’ “Reed Between the Lines” cast mates Anna Maria Horsford and Melissa De Sousa. DJ Beverly Bond emceed the event. (Photos by Brad Barket/Picture Group)
Audrey J. Bernard is an established chronicler of Black society and Urban happenings based in the New York City area.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here