*Essence magazine and BET Networks teamed up to celebrate actress Tracee Ellis Ross’ September issue Essence magazine cover and the premiere of her new BET show, “Reed Between the Lines.”
Hosted by Constance C.R. White, editor-in-chief, Essence, and Debra L. Lee, chairman and chief executive officer, BET Networks, co-hosted the ultimate glam get-together on Saturday evening, September 10, 2011 at New York City’s trendy Shun Lee on West 65th Street in New York City.
The party was held just a stone’s throw away from Lincoln Center where the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is taking place. Although this was a very private party, many fashionistas tried to crash as the buzz in the tents was that this was the party to be at. There was also a strong rumor that Diana Ross might be there fused by the fact that the party was for her next to oldest daughter, Tracee.
Although Mama Ross was a no-show, who did make it was Ross’ co-star Malcolm-Jamal Warner; actor Michael Ealy; singer Corinne Bailey Rae; BET’s “106 & Park” host Rosci Diaz; and Ross’ “Reed Between the Lines” cast mates Anna Maria Horsford and Melissa De Sousa. DJ Beverly Bond emceed the event. (Photos by Brad Barket/Picture Group)
Audrey J. Bernard is an established chronicler of Black society and Urban happenings based in the New York City area.
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- NBC Fires Donald Trump Over Racist Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here