*Essence magazine and BET Networks teamed up to celebrate actress Tracee Ellis Ross’ September issue Essence magazine cover and the premiere of her new BET show, “Reed Between the Lines.”
Hosted by Constance C.R. White, editor-in-chief, Essence, and Debra L. Lee, chairman and chief executive officer, BET Networks, co-hosted the ultimate glam get-together on Saturday evening, September 10, 2011 at New York City’s trendy Shun Lee on West 65th Street in New York City.
The party was held just a stone’s throw away from Lincoln Center where the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is taking place. Although this was a very private party, many fashionistas tried to crash as the buzz in the tents was that this was the party to be at. There was also a strong rumor that Diana Ross might be there fused by the fact that the party was for her next to oldest daughter, Tracee.
Although Mama Ross was a no-show, who did make it was Ross’ co-star Malcolm-Jamal Warner; actor Michael Ealy; singer Corinne Bailey Rae; BET’s “106 & Park” host Rosci Diaz; and Ross’ “Reed Between the Lines” cast mates Anna Maria Horsford and Melissa De Sousa. DJ Beverly Bond emceed the event. (Photos by Brad Barket/Picture Group)
Audrey J. Bernard is an established chronicler of Black society and Urban happenings based in the New York City area.
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here