*In Common’s 305-page memoir, “One Day It’ll All Make Sense,” the rapper – born Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr. – opens up about his life, relationships, and connections.
Throughout the work, he explores in depth about his romance with Erykah Badu, actress Taraji P. Henson and Serena Williams, and of course the book wouldn’t be complete without proper mention of his daughter and mother.
Beyond his love life and relationships, he laughs about the first time he got “high” rolling up grass from the lawn. He also revealed though his life was pretty mellow, he once pushed drugs and pulled a gun out on someone.
Growing up on the south side of Chicago, life was hard and role models weren’t easy to come by. The rapper had many roles on his streets as a father, mentor, and friend.
“I initially didn’t think I should be writing a book at this moment but after talks with my manager and he told me his perspective on it, I realized that a book could be inspiring to someone, it could motivate someone and if I give my truth, it could even, like, just remind people about love and happiness and the journey of life,” he said. So I felt this chapter in my life, which is the first 30-some-odd years, I needed to recall that, and remember that now when I’m even there to remember it. This is the first chapter, really. This is one chapter in my life and I felt good recalling that and sharing it with people.”
Read more at TheBoomBox.com
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here