*In Common’s 305-page memoir, “One Day It’ll All Make Sense,” the rapper – born Lonnie Rashid Lynn, Jr. – opens up about his life, relationships, and connections.
Throughout the work, he explores in depth about his romance with Erykah Badu, actress Taraji P. Henson and Serena Williams, and of course the book wouldn’t be complete without proper mention of his daughter and mother.
Beyond his love life and relationships, he laughs about the first time he got “high” rolling up grass from the lawn. He also revealed though his life was pretty mellow, he once pushed drugs and pulled a gun out on someone.
Growing up on the south side of Chicago, life was hard and role models weren’t easy to come by. The rapper had many roles on his streets as a father, mentor, and friend.
“I initially didn’t think I should be writing a book at this moment but after talks with my manager and he told me his perspective on it, I realized that a book could be inspiring to someone, it could motivate someone and if I give my truth, it could even, like, just remind people about love and happiness and the journey of life,” he said. So I felt this chapter in my life, which is the first 30-some-odd years, I needed to recall that, and remember that now when I’m even there to remember it. This is the first chapter, really. This is one chapter in my life and I felt good recalling that and sharing it with people.”
Read more at TheBoomBox.com
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here