All three celebs were members of the organization as kids, and now they’re helping to launch a PSA for the group, called Great Futures Start Here.
Washington, who joined the club when he was six years old, says he’s certain the guidance of the program’s mentors helped put him on the right path.
“I am a prime example of the need for a community-based safe haven like Boys & Girls Clubs,” he says. “ Without the support and mentoring of the Club, I’m afraid to think where I would be today. I certainly would not have the life I do now.”
The new ad will be directed by Ron Howard and it will feature a number of other notable Boys & Girls Clubs success stories, including Smokey Robinson, Ashanti, Cuba Gooding Jr., Martin Sheen, and sports stars Shaquille O’Neal and Shaun White.
Superstar Beyonce is also getting in on the action – she’ll be supplying the vocals for the campaign with her new song ‘I Was Here,” which was written by Diane Warren.
Howard says, “We wanted the most powerful piece of music possible, to underscore the dramatic message that what we do today to shape the future of our children is vitally important. We could not have picked a more moving track. Diane’s words and Beyonce’s delivery are over the top.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here