All three celebs were members of the organization as kids, and now they’re helping to launch a PSA for the group, called Great Futures Start Here.
Washington, who joined the club when he was six years old, says he’s certain the guidance of the program’s mentors helped put him on the right path.
“I am a prime example of the need for a community-based safe haven like Boys & Girls Clubs,” he says. “ Without the support and mentoring of the Club, I’m afraid to think where I would be today. I certainly would not have the life I do now.”
The new ad will be directed by Ron Howard and it will feature a number of other notable Boys & Girls Clubs success stories, including Smokey Robinson, Ashanti, Cuba Gooding Jr., Martin Sheen, and sports stars Shaquille O’Neal and Shaun White.
Superstar Beyonce is also getting in on the action – she’ll be supplying the vocals for the campaign with her new song ‘I Was Here,” which was written by Diane Warren.
Howard says, “We wanted the most powerful piece of music possible, to underscore the dramatic message that what we do today to shape the future of our children is vitally important. We could not have picked a more moving track. Diane’s words and Beyonce’s delivery are over the top.”
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here