*In a candid interview with talk show diva, Wendy Williams, Common revealed that his first love, Erykah Badu dumped him over the phone.
The pair dated in 2000.
“She handed it to me. I was in my hotel room on tour and … she called me and was like, ‘Hey, I don’t wanna be in this relationship no more. I’m liking somebody else,'” the rapper-actor revealed of his ‘Love of My Life (An Ode to Hip-Hop) collaborator. “That was my first love and my first heartbreak,” he added.
Although the relationship apparently ended abruptly, the two remain good friends. He says he refuses to hold the break-up over her head.
“It taught me a lot of things, and when it happened I kinda really got into myself and really learned about myself and I was able to move on, and now me and E is real cool.”
Common’s memoir, “One Day It’ll All Make Sense,” where he shares intimate details of his life and love, is out now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here