*In a candid interview with talk show diva, Wendy Williams, Common revealed that his first love, Erykah Badu dumped him over the phone.
The pair dated in 2000.
“She handed it to me. I was in my hotel room on tour and … she called me and was like, ‘Hey, I don’t wanna be in this relationship no more. I’m liking somebody else,'” the rapper-actor revealed of his ‘Love of My Life (An Ode to Hip-Hop) collaborator. “That was my first love and my first heartbreak,” he added.
Although the relationship apparently ended abruptly, the two remain good friends. He says he refuses to hold the break-up over her head.
“It taught me a lot of things, and when it happened I kinda really got into myself and really learned about myself and I was able to move on, and now me and E is real cool.”
Common’s memoir, “One Day It’ll All Make Sense,” where he shares intimate details of his life and love, is out now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thousands in D.C. for 20th Anniversary of Million Man March
- Study Reveals White People Think Black People Are 'Superhuman'
- The Braxtons Announce Christmas Album
- Stevie Wonder to Pay Royalties to Dead Attorney's Widow Forever?!
- Sheree Whitfield Lands Reality Series About ATL Real Estate
- Quvenzhane Wallis' Book Deal, J-Hud Says Son 'Saved My Life'
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here