*In a candid interview with talk show diva, Wendy Williams, Common revealed that his first love, Erykah Badu dumped him over the phone.
The pair dated in 2000.
“She handed it to me. I was in my hotel room on tour and … she called me and was like, ‘Hey, I don’t wanna be in this relationship no more. I’m liking somebody else,'” the rapper-actor revealed of his ‘Love of My Life (An Ode to Hip-Hop) collaborator. “That was my first love and my first heartbreak,” he added.
Although the relationship apparently ended abruptly, the two remain good friends. He says he refuses to hold the break-up over her head.
“It taught me a lot of things, and when it happened I kinda really got into myself and really learned about myself and I was able to move on, and now me and E is real cool.”
Common’s memoir, “One Day It’ll All Make Sense,” where he shares intimate details of his life and love, is out now.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Deion Sanders Pushes Josh Norman’s Buttons Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Incident
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here