*Erykah Badu is demonstrating that it’s never too late to learn your calling.
The singer is working on becoming a midwife after becoming a birth doula and helping her friends deliver their children naturally.
“I’ve always had a mothering nature. But I didn’t plan on becoming a doula. I just wanted to care for my family and friends,” she told People magazine. “When I saw the baby, I cried. I knew what I was supposed to do with my life.”
For years the singer and doula has offered her services and coaching support. She helps mothers and mothers-to-be to relax and stay healthy by giving massages and using a stress reduction technique called Reiki.
Badu offers her services for free and is a spokeswoman for the International Center for Traditional Childbearing.
Now that’s she pursuing midwifery, she’s going full out and plans to open up birthing centers in the inner cities.
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here