*Erykah Badu is demonstrating that it’s never too late to learn your calling.
The singer is working on becoming a midwife after becoming a birth doula and helping her friends deliver their children naturally.
“I’ve always had a mothering nature. But I didn’t plan on becoming a doula. I just wanted to care for my family and friends,” she told People magazine. “When I saw the baby, I cried. I knew what I was supposed to do with my life.”
For years the singer and doula has offered her services and coaching support. She helps mothers and mothers-to-be to relax and stay healthy by giving massages and using a stress reduction technique called Reiki.
Badu offers her services for free and is a spokeswoman for the International Center for Traditional Childbearing.
Now that’s she pursuing midwifery, she’s going full out and plans to open up birthing centers in the inner cities.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here