*Erykah Badu is demonstrating that it’s never too late to learn your calling.
The singer is working on becoming a midwife after becoming a birth doula and helping her friends deliver their children naturally.
“I’ve always had a mothering nature. But I didn’t plan on becoming a doula. I just wanted to care for my family and friends,” she told People magazine. “When I saw the baby, I cried. I knew what I was supposed to do with my life.”
For years the singer and doula has offered her services and coaching support. She helps mothers and mothers-to-be to relax and stay healthy by giving massages and using a stress reduction technique called Reiki.
Badu offers her services for free and is a spokeswoman for the International Center for Traditional Childbearing.
Now that’s she pursuing midwifery, she’s going full out and plans to open up birthing centers in the inner cities.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here