*Erykah Badu is demonstrating that it’s never too late to learn your calling.
The singer is working on becoming a midwife after becoming a birth doula and helping her friends deliver their children naturally.
“I’ve always had a mothering nature. But I didn’t plan on becoming a doula. I just wanted to care for my family and friends,” she told People magazine. “When I saw the baby, I cried. I knew what I was supposed to do with my life.”
For years the singer and doula has offered her services and coaching support. She helps mothers and mothers-to-be to relax and stay healthy by giving massages and using a stress reduction technique called Reiki.
Badu offers her services for free and is a spokeswoman for the International Center for Traditional Childbearing.
Now that’s she pursuing midwifery, she’s going full out and plans to open up birthing centers in the inner cities.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here