*Erykah Badu is demonstrating that it’s never too late to learn your calling.
The singer is working on becoming a midwife after becoming a birth doula and helping her friends deliver their children naturally.
“I’ve always had a mothering nature. But I didn’t plan on becoming a doula. I just wanted to care for my family and friends,” she told People magazine. “When I saw the baby, I cried. I knew what I was supposed to do with my life.”
For years the singer and doula has offered her services and coaching support. She helps mothers and mothers-to-be to relax and stay healthy by giving massages and using a stress reduction technique called Reiki.
Badu offers her services for free and is a spokeswoman for the International Center for Traditional Childbearing.
Now that’s she pursuing midwifery, she’s going full out and plans to open up birthing centers in the inner cities.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here