*Forbes writer, Zack O’Malley Greenburg has generated a watch list of Hip Hop artists who are on the verge of possibly becoming the industry’s first billionaire.
So far he’s got Sean “Diddy” Combs, Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, Andre “Dr. Dre” Young, Bryan “Birdman” Williams, and Cutis “50 Cent” Jackson. Right now these artists are at the top of the list for richest rappers.
The big question Greenburg asks is WHO will be the first?
“I think Young Money Cash Money would be the first billion-dollar brand in Hip-Hop,” said Birdman in an email message to Greenburg, referring to his record label. “We strong and growing every day as a brand and fast. Within the next few years we will be billionaires.”
Birdman don’t get ahead of yourself. We’re talking individuals, not entities. With his current vodka deal, clothing line, and Bad Boy Records, Diddy is in first place with an estimated net worth of $500 million. Jay-Z is close behind with an estimated $450 million accumulated from the sale of Rocawear clothing label and a Live Nation deal signed in 2008. He also has stakes in the soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets, the 40/40 Club, ad firm Translation, Carol’s Daughter and other ventures.
Dre is currently worth $250 million, Birdman is at $110 million, and 50 close behind with $100 million.
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here