*Forbes writer, Zack O’Malley Greenburg has generated a watch list of Hip Hop artists who are on the verge of possibly becoming the industry’s first billionaire.
So far he’s got Sean “Diddy” Combs, Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, Andre “Dr. Dre” Young, Bryan “Birdman” Williams, and Cutis “50 Cent” Jackson. Right now these artists are at the top of the list for richest rappers.
The big question Greenburg asks is WHO will be the first?
“I think Young Money Cash Money would be the first billion-dollar brand in Hip-Hop,” said Birdman in an email message to Greenburg, referring to his record label. “We strong and growing every day as a brand and fast. Within the next few years we will be billionaires.”
Birdman don’t get ahead of yourself. We’re talking individuals, not entities. With his current vodka deal, clothing line, and Bad Boy Records, Diddy is in first place with an estimated net worth of $500 million. Jay-Z is close behind with an estimated $450 million accumulated from the sale of Rocawear clothing label and a Live Nation deal signed in 2008. He also has stakes in the soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets, the 40/40 Club, ad firm Translation, Carol’s Daughter and other ventures.
Dre is currently worth $250 million, Birdman is at $110 million, and 50 close behind with $100 million.
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here