*Forbes writer, Zack O’Malley Greenburg has generated a watch list of Hip Hop artists who are on the verge of possibly becoming the industry’s first billionaire.
So far he’s got Sean “Diddy” Combs, Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter, Andre “Dr. Dre” Young, Bryan “Birdman” Williams, and Cutis “50 Cent” Jackson. Right now these artists are at the top of the list for richest rappers.
The big question Greenburg asks is WHO will be the first?
“I think Young Money Cash Money would be the first billion-dollar brand in Hip-Hop,” said Birdman in an email message to Greenburg, referring to his record label. “We strong and growing every day as a brand and fast. Within the next few years we will be billionaires.”
Birdman don’t get ahead of yourself. We’re talking individuals, not entities. With his current vodka deal, clothing line, and Bad Boy Records, Diddy is in first place with an estimated net worth of $500 million. Jay-Z is close behind with an estimated $450 million accumulated from the sale of Rocawear clothing label and a Live Nation deal signed in 2008. He also has stakes in the soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets, the 40/40 Club, ad firm Translation, Carol’s Daughter and other ventures.
Dre is currently worth $250 million, Birdman is at $110 million, and 50 close behind with $100 million.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here