*Rapper Gucci Mane will spend the next six months in a Georgia jail after admitting on Tuesday to pushing a woman out of his car earlier this year, reports Reuters.
The rapper, whose real name is Radric Davis, pleaded guilty to two counts of battery, two counts of reckless conduct and one count of disorderly conduct, said Emily Gest, spokeswoman for the DeKalb County Solicitor-General’s Office.
According to police, the 31-year-old artist picked up a woman at a suburban Atlanta mall in January, invited her out for breakfast and then tried to offer her $150 to stop by a hotel with him.
When she refused, he pushed her out of his car while it was in motion. She was taken to the hospital with “soreness and pain.”
A judge ordered Mane to complete 12 weeks of anger management classes, plus pay the victim $5,090 for her medical bills and a $3,000 fine, Gest said.
“I am pleased that justice was achieved for the victim because this defendant’s behavior showed a willful disregard for a woman’s personal safety,” DeKalb Solicitor-General Sherry Boston said in a statement.
Mane previously served a six-month prison term in 2005 for assault. In 2009, he was behind bars for a year for violating probation for that assault.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here