*While most are ecstatic about the baby on the way between Jay-Z and Beyonce, others aren’t too happy about his business practices.
Earlier this week, giant inflatable rats were spotted just outside of the hip hop mogul’s club, 40/40. They were gifts from the New York City District Council of Carpenters.
The organization accuses him of unfair labor practices.
According to reports, workers were hired to make repairs to the rapper’s nightspot, but the firm that hired them pays a “substantial wage” and fails to meet “area labor standards.”
“A rat is a contractor that does not pay all of its employees the Area Standard Wages, including either providing or making payments for family health care and pension benefits,” wrote a spokesman for the watchdog group in an email to the website Curbed. “Shame on the 40/40 CLUB & Shawn Carter aka Jay Z for contributing to the erosion of area standards for New York City Carpenters.”
The club actually operates in a non-union building, which means the management doesn’t have to adhere to the union rules.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here