*While most are ecstatic about the baby on the way between Jay-Z and Beyonce, others aren’t too happy about his business practices.
Earlier this week, giant inflatable rats were spotted just outside of the hip hop mogul’s club, 40/40. They were gifts from the New York City District Council of Carpenters.
The organization accuses him of unfair labor practices.
According to reports, workers were hired to make repairs to the rapper’s nightspot, but the firm that hired them pays a “substantial wage” and fails to meet “area labor standards.”
“A rat is a contractor that does not pay all of its employees the Area Standard Wages, including either providing or making payments for family health care and pension benefits,” wrote a spokesman for the watchdog group in an email to the website Curbed. “Shame on the 40/40 CLUB & Shawn Carter aka Jay Z for contributing to the erosion of area standards for New York City Carpenters.”
The club actually operates in a non-union building, which means the management doesn’t have to adhere to the union rules.
- Celebs You Wish You Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here