*While most are ecstatic about the baby on the way between Jay-Z and Beyonce, others aren’t too happy about his business practices.
Earlier this week, giant inflatable rats were spotted just outside of the hip hop mogul’s club, 40/40. They were gifts from the New York City District Council of Carpenters.
The organization accuses him of unfair labor practices.
According to reports, workers were hired to make repairs to the rapper’s nightspot, but the firm that hired them pays a “substantial wage” and fails to meet “area labor standards.”
“A rat is a contractor that does not pay all of its employees the Area Standard Wages, including either providing or making payments for family health care and pension benefits,” wrote a spokesman for the watchdog group in an email to the website Curbed. “Shame on the 40/40 CLUB & Shawn Carter aka Jay Z for contributing to the erosion of area standards for New York City Carpenters.”
The club actually operates in a non-union building, which means the management doesn’t have to adhere to the union rules.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here