*Would you believe the Jacksons had a plan to ferret Michael out of the country if he was convicted at his child molestation trial?
Yep, that’s what would’ve happen according to Jermaine Jackson in an interview he did with The Times magazine. He goes on to say that a private jet financed by a friend was on standby to take his late brother to the Gulf emirate of Bahrain if the 2005 court case ended with a conviction.
Why Bahrain? Because it does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.
Apparently Michael was in the dark about the escape plan, but as Jermaine tells it, MJ would have “done it in a heartbeat” because “why should he go to jail for something he didn’t do?”
As well know, the plan was never used because Michael was found not guilty on all charges.
On the other hand, he later spent a year in the country as a guest of one of the sons of Bahrain’s king.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Miss Robbie Talks Vegan Soul Food, Family Legacy and Being the Best [EUR Exclusive]
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Donald Trump
- PETA Offers $5K for Info On Puppies Found in Sealed Aquarium in the Woods
- Patti LaBelle Has More for Walmart; Steph Curry Buys a Mansion
- Laquan McDonald Killing Prompts Protesters to Target Black Friday Shopping Areas
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here