*Would you believe the Jacksons had a plan to ferret Michael out of the country if he was convicted at his child molestation trial?
Yep, that’s what would’ve happen according to Jermaine Jackson in an interview he did with The Times magazine. He goes on to say that a private jet financed by a friend was on standby to take his late brother to the Gulf emirate of Bahrain if the 2005 court case ended with a conviction.
Why Bahrain? Because it does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.
Apparently Michael was in the dark about the escape plan, but as Jermaine tells it, MJ would have “done it in a heartbeat” because “why should he go to jail for something he didn’t do?”
As well know, the plan was never used because Michael was found not guilty on all charges.
On the other hand, he later spent a year in the country as a guest of one of the sons of Bahrain’s king.
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here