*Would you believe the Jacksons had a plan to ferret Michael out of the country if he was convicted at his child molestation trial?
Yep, that’s what would’ve happen according to Jermaine Jackson in an interview he did with The Times magazine. He goes on to say that a private jet financed by a friend was on standby to take his late brother to the Gulf emirate of Bahrain if the 2005 court case ended with a conviction.
Why Bahrain? Because it does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.
Apparently Michael was in the dark about the escape plan, but as Jermaine tells it, MJ would have “done it in a heartbeat” because “why should he go to jail for something he didn’t do?”
As well know, the plan was never used because Michael was found not guilty on all charges.
On the other hand, he later spent a year in the country as a guest of one of the sons of Bahrain’s king.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here