*Would you believe the Jacksons had a plan to ferret Michael out of the country if he was convicted at his child molestation trial?
Yep, that’s what would’ve happen according to Jermaine Jackson in an interview he did with The Times magazine. He goes on to say that a private jet financed by a friend was on standby to take his late brother to the Gulf emirate of Bahrain if the 2005 court case ended with a conviction.
Why Bahrain? Because it does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.
Apparently Michael was in the dark about the escape plan, but as Jermaine tells it, MJ would have “done it in a heartbeat” because “why should he go to jail for something he didn’t do?”
As well know, the plan was never used because Michael was found not guilty on all charges.
On the other hand, he later spent a year in the country as a guest of one of the sons of Bahrain’s king.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here