*Would you believe the Jacksons had a plan to ferret Michael out of the country if he was convicted at his child molestation trial?
Yep, that’s what would’ve happen according to Jermaine Jackson in an interview he did with The Times magazine. He goes on to say that a private jet financed by a friend was on standby to take his late brother to the Gulf emirate of Bahrain if the 2005 court case ended with a conviction.
Why Bahrain? Because it does not have an extradition treaty with the U.S.
Apparently Michael was in the dark about the escape plan, but as Jermaine tells it, MJ would have “done it in a heartbeat” because “why should he go to jail for something he didn’t do?”
As well know, the plan was never used because Michael was found not guilty on all charges.
On the other hand, he later spent a year in the country as a guest of one of the sons of Bahrain’s king.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here