And Harris, a 1967 Glassboro High School graduate and former all-around Bulldog athlete, hopes he won’t soon wake up, says NJ.com.
“She’s in for the long run,” Harris says. “It positions the play as one of the top touring productions in the country. Her decision to sign is due in part to her wanting to do jobs that are consistent with her ministry. She’s an evangelist, and the play is all about salvation. Real clergy are used in the final act and real people run from the audience onto the stage to be saved. We average 15 people saved per show.”
Sheard will be featured in a performance of the play on Saturday, Nov. 5, 7 p.m. in Pfleeger Concert Hall on the Rowan University campus — Harris’ 1974 alma mater. Call 856-562-0964 for tickets and information.
The national tour, recommended to Harris by the National Association of Colored Women’s Clubs as a benefit for regional scholarships, is already booked in more than 150 cities. It opens in early February at Howard University in Washington, D.C. “I’m receiving calls and emails from all over the country,” Harris says.
Read more at NJ.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Responds to Anthony Anderson Slamming Her at Image Awards
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Deion Sanders Pushes Josh Norman’s Buttons Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Incident
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here