And Harris, a 1967 Glassboro High School graduate and former all-around Bulldog athlete, hopes he won’t soon wake up, says NJ.com.
“She’s in for the long run,” Harris says. “It positions the play as one of the top touring productions in the country. Her decision to sign is due in part to her wanting to do jobs that are consistent with her ministry. She’s an evangelist, and the play is all about salvation. Real clergy are used in the final act and real people run from the audience onto the stage to be saved. We average 15 people saved per show.”
Sheard will be featured in a performance of the play on Saturday, Nov. 5, 7 p.m. in Pfleeger Concert Hall on the Rowan University campus — Harris’ 1974 alma mater. Call 856-562-0964 for tickets and information.
The national tour, recommended to Harris by the National Association of Colored Women’s Clubs as a benefit for regional scholarships, is already booked in more than 150 cities. It opens in early February at Howard University in Washington, D.C. “I’m receiving calls and emails from all over the country,” Harris says.
Read more at NJ.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here