Kelis twittered, “A red faced sweaty “man” (I use the word loosely here) started calling me a slave and told me to call him sir…
“He called me Kunta Kinte and ranted and raved some more. The man behind the passport desk laughed, shook his (head).”
Kelis tweeted that over 50 people said nothing.
“Didn’t flinch. We all know I’m no saint, so I retaliated. Not the way I wanted to, or how that pig deserved. But #1 my gorgeous baby boy was literally sitting on my hip and #2 I’m a believer. And we are better. Supposed to be anyway. It made me think. This person was approximately a 50 year old English man.”
Kelis also tweeted that she is in London all the time and that the racial issues in the UK are “disgusting.”
“Decades behind progression because everything is swept under the rug. People don’t talk about it. People don’t fight it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Free Hamburgers to Anyone Who Changes Their Last Name to 'Burger'
- Kyrie Irving Calls ‘No Black Girls Allowed’ Yacht Party Backlash ‘Ridiculous’
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here