Kelis twittered, “A red faced sweaty “man” (I use the word loosely here) started calling me a slave and told me to call him sir…
“He called me Kunta Kinte and ranted and raved some more. The man behind the passport desk laughed, shook his (head).”
Kelis tweeted that over 50 people said nothing.
“Didn’t flinch. We all know I’m no saint, so I retaliated. Not the way I wanted to, or how that pig deserved. But #1 my gorgeous baby boy was literally sitting on my hip and #2 I’m a believer. And we are better. Supposed to be anyway. It made me think. This person was approximately a 50 year old English man.”
Kelis also tweeted that she is in London all the time and that the racial issues in the UK are “disgusting.”
“Decades behind progression because everything is swept under the rug. People don’t talk about it. People don’t fight it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here