*Kevin Hart’s new concert film “Laugh At My Pain,” released on only 97 screens over the weekend, outperformed the box office competition in per-screen averages, reporting a solid $20,619 per engagement, according to producers Codeblack Entertainment.
The film grossed over $2 million and set a record as the best performing concert series since Martin Lawrence’s Live: “Runteldat” in 2002. “Laugh At My Pain” is also the first film to debut over $2 million in fewer than 100 theaters since Chicago in 2002. [Watch the trailer below.]
“I am extremely proud of this project and to have had the opportunity to work with someone as talented and business savvy as Kevin Hart,” states Codeblack’s CEO Jeff Clanagan.
The theatrical release of “Laugh At My Pain” allows viewers to experience the stand-up stage show, complete with never-before-seen backstage footage. The film also shows Hart travelling back to Philadelphia where he began his journey.
In an exclusive partnership with AMC Theatres, “Laugh At My Pain” expanded from 86 theatres across the country to 97 just prior to debuting on Sept. 9. Due to the box office success opening weekend, the film will expand even further to 58 additional theaters on Sept. 16. The film has also opened in East and West Africa through a partnership with Silverbird Cinemas.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here