*Kevin Hart’s new concert film “Laugh At My Pain,” released on only 97 screens over the weekend, outperformed the box office competition in per-screen averages, reporting a solid $20,619 per engagement, according to producers Codeblack Entertainment.
The film grossed over $2 million and set a record as the best performing concert series since Martin Lawrence’s Live: “Runteldat” in 2002. “Laugh At My Pain” is also the first film to debut over $2 million in fewer than 100 theaters since Chicago in 2002. [Watch the trailer below.]
“I am extremely proud of this project and to have had the opportunity to work with someone as talented and business savvy as Kevin Hart,” states Codeblack’s CEO Jeff Clanagan.
The theatrical release of “Laugh At My Pain” allows viewers to experience the stand-up stage show, complete with never-before-seen backstage footage. The film also shows Hart travelling back to Philadelphia where he began his journey.
In an exclusive partnership with AMC Theatres, “Laugh At My Pain” expanded from 86 theatres across the country to 97 just prior to debuting on Sept. 9. Due to the box office success opening weekend, the film will expand even further to 58 additional theaters on Sept. 16. The film has also opened in East and West Africa through a partnership with Silverbird Cinemas.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here