*Kevin Hart’s new concert film “Laugh At My Pain,” released on only 97 screens over the weekend, outperformed the box office competition in per-screen averages, reporting a solid $20,619 per engagement, according to producers Codeblack Entertainment.
The film grossed over $2 million and set a record as the best performing concert series since Martin Lawrence’s Live: “Runteldat” in 2002. “Laugh At My Pain” is also the first film to debut over $2 million in fewer than 100 theaters since Chicago in 2002. [Watch the trailer below.]
“I am extremely proud of this project and to have had the opportunity to work with someone as talented and business savvy as Kevin Hart,” states Codeblack’s CEO Jeff Clanagan.
The theatrical release of “Laugh At My Pain” allows viewers to experience the stand-up stage show, complete with never-before-seen backstage footage. The film also shows Hart travelling back to Philadelphia where he began his journey.
In an exclusive partnership with AMC Theatres, “Laugh At My Pain” expanded from 86 theatres across the country to 97 just prior to debuting on Sept. 9. Due to the box office success opening weekend, the film will expand even further to 58 additional theaters on Sept. 16. The film has also opened in East and West Africa through a partnership with Silverbird Cinemas.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here