*Kevin Hart’s new concert film “Laugh At My Pain,” released on only 97 screens over the weekend, outperformed the box office competition in per-screen averages, reporting a solid $20,619 per engagement, according to producers Codeblack Entertainment.
The film grossed over $2 million and set a record as the best performing concert series since Martin Lawrence’s Live: “Runteldat” in 2002. “Laugh At My Pain” is also the first film to debut over $2 million in fewer than 100 theaters since Chicago in 2002. [Watch the trailer below.]
“I am extremely proud of this project and to have had the opportunity to work with someone as talented and business savvy as Kevin Hart,” states Codeblack’s CEO Jeff Clanagan.
The theatrical release of “Laugh At My Pain” allows viewers to experience the stand-up stage show, complete with never-before-seen backstage footage. The film also shows Hart travelling back to Philadelphia where he began his journey.
In an exclusive partnership with AMC Theatres, “Laugh At My Pain” expanded from 86 theatres across the country to 97 just prior to debuting on Sept. 9. Due to the box office success opening weekend, the film will expand even further to 58 additional theaters on Sept. 16. The film has also opened in East and West Africa through a partnership with Silverbird Cinemas.
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here