Bryant’s agents have been fielding international offers for Bryant to play on pro teams, and Italian club team Virtus Bologna is wooing Kobe with big duckets-to the tune of $6.7 million.
The team begins its season on Oct. 9 and would have to come up with a huge insurance policy to land Bryant.
Bryant, 33, is under contract with the Lakers for three more years and $83.5 million.
The NBA postponed training camps indefinitely and cancelled 43 preseason games because it has not reached an agreement with the players.
If Bryant takes the offer, Bryant will have no trouble fitting in. The basketball great lived in Italy for part of his childhood and speaks fluent Italian.
His father, Joe “Jellybean” Bryant, played professional basketball in Italy from 1984 to 1991. The elder Bryant now coaches the Los Angeles Sparks in the WBA.
Virtus has given Bryant four different contract options, stretching from a one-year deal to two-month and one-month options, and a per-game deal that would come out to $739,640 per home game. All the offers are pretax and would allow Bryant to return to the Lakers immediately if the lockout ends.
Bryant said he would consider playing abroad if the lockout persists.
Other countries currently bidding for Bryant include Turkey and China.
In other Kobe news … the San Diego City Attorney’s office said they are reviewing Bryant’s case, which a member of a church in Carmel Valley recently filed against him. The parishioner claims that Bryant ripped a cell phone out of his hand, injuring his wrist, reports NBC San Diego.
Officers said Bryant was reportedly angered when the man tried to take a picture of him with his phone.
Police recently handed the case over to the city. The city attorney’s office could not comment further on the case, as they are still reviewing it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here