*In the new McDonald’s breakfast menu commercial airing across the United States, actress Shavon Kirksey is the attractive young black woman getting her boss breakfast. If you haven’t seen the commercial, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKPlgbO5Z8.
For many wondering who this woman was, Ms. Kirksey opens up to Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com noting she has been recognized in her daily life for being the McDonald’s girl since the commercial has been airing continuously over the last few weeks on various TV Channels.
“It’s been kind of crazy. Like I was at California Pizza Kitchen just having dinner with one of my friends and there’s a group of teenage girls that came over to me and they were just like, ‘Oh, you’re the girl in the McDonald’s commercial.’ And I was like ‘Yeah.’ And they’re like, ‘Oh, you’re so cute. I always see it. You did a really great job.’ And I’m just like, ‘Aww, thanks.’ Like it’s really nice to have people say really encouraging things and like just that my work is appreciated, what I did in the commercial.”
Shavon is no stranger to the acting world. She’s had recurring and guest star roles on “Lincoln Heights,” “Private Practice” and “Grey’s Anatomy” among others. She noted there have been calls from casting directors and for future auditions since the commercial has been airing.
“I have been getting a lot of calls for auditions and just casting directors saying, ‘Oh, I’ve seen your commercial, you did a really good job. ‘ So I’m glad that it’s getting the exposure and I’ve just been testing for different shows and I’ve been on a hold a couple times so I’m just waiting for that next opportunity to come through…I’m just so thank for those [roles in various TV shows] because it really like prepares you to be like a series regular ’cause most of those I was either a guest star or recurring and so it gives me that experience to know like how things run on set so when I do get that series and I’m a regular, then I’ll know how to like handle it.”
As far as what we should know about the McDonald’s girl, Shavon adds this:
“I’m just really grateful because I mean, this is a tough industry. It’s very competitive and I just know that when you work hard and you persevere and you keep going, even if you get told no 100 times, like there is that one yes and when there’s that yes, it’s just everything else is just so worth it to me like go through all of that.”
HEAR the rest of this story at Chris Yandek’s CYinterview.com
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here