*In the new McDonald’s breakfast menu commercial airing across the United States, actress Shavon Kirksey is the attractive young black woman getting her boss breakfast. If you haven’t seen the commercial, you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKPlgbO5Z8.
For many wondering who this woman was, Ms. Kirksey opens up to Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com noting she has been recognized in her daily life for being the McDonald’s girl since the commercial has been airing continuously over the last few weeks on various TV Channels.
“It’s been kind of crazy. Like I was at California Pizza Kitchen just having dinner with one of my friends and there’s a group of teenage girls that came over to me and they were just like, ‘Oh, you’re the girl in the McDonald’s commercial.’ And I was like ‘Yeah.’ And they’re like, ‘Oh, you’re so cute. I always see it. You did a really great job.’ And I’m just like, ‘Aww, thanks.’ Like it’s really nice to have people say really encouraging things and like just that my work is appreciated, what I did in the commercial.”
Shavon is no stranger to the acting world. She’s had recurring and guest star roles on “Lincoln Heights,” “Private Practice” and “Grey’s Anatomy” among others. She noted there have been calls from casting directors and for future auditions since the commercial has been airing.
“I have been getting a lot of calls for auditions and just casting directors saying, ‘Oh, I’ve seen your commercial, you did a really good job. ‘ So I’m glad that it’s getting the exposure and I’ve just been testing for different shows and I’ve been on a hold a couple times so I’m just waiting for that next opportunity to come through…I’m just so thank for those [roles in various TV shows] because it really like prepares you to be like a series regular ’cause most of those I was either a guest star or recurring and so it gives me that experience to know like how things run on set so when I do get that series and I’m a regular, then I’ll know how to like handle it.”
As far as what we should know about the McDonald’s girl, Shavon adds this:
“I’m just really grateful because I mean, this is a tough industry. It’s very competitive and I just know that when you work hard and you persevere and you keep going, even if you get told no 100 times, like there is that one yes and when there’s that yes, it’s just everything else is just so worth it to me like go through all of that.”
HEAR the rest of this story at Chris Yandek’s CYinterview.com
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here