*Naomi Campbell, who has raised more than $7 million for charitable causes, will be honored along with her boyfriend, Russian businessman Vladislav Doronin, at the Angel Ball in New York, an event organized by the Angel Foundation, which raises awareness of cancer research.
Denise Rich – who founded the charity after her daughter, Gabrielle, died of leukemia – said: “She really is an amazing woman and she does a lot for charity. She has her own charity. She raised a lot of money this summer for Haiti and for AIDS relief.”
The Angel Ball is scheduled for Oct. 17 at Cipriani Wall Street and will include performances by Eve, Patti LaBelle and DJ Cassidy.
Earlier this year, Naomi hosted a Fashion For Relief charity show at the Forville Marker at the Cannes Film Festival in aid of Japan’s earthquake victims.
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here