*New York, NY -Tamika D. Mallory, National Executive Director of Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network (NAN), has announced that the organization will start a petition drive immediately to stop the September 21st execution of Troy Anthony Davis.
NAN helped lead the movement for justice around this case when Mr. Davis was first sentenced and Rev. Al Sharpton visited Troy Davis on Death Row and prayed with him in 2008.
NAN played a major role in securing the previous three stays of execution and through its advocacy, NAN urged the Supreme Court to conduct hearings on the case.
Reverend Sharpton interviewed NAACP head Ben Jealous on his nationally syndicated radio show today about the case and discussed joint efforts. NAN intends to be present September 21st to demonstrate against the scheduled execution.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here