*New York, NY -Tamika D. Mallory, National Executive Director of Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network (NAN), has announced that the organization will start a petition drive immediately to stop the September 21st execution of Troy Anthony Davis.
NAN helped lead the movement for justice around this case when Mr. Davis was first sentenced and Rev. Al Sharpton visited Troy Davis on Death Row and prayed with him in 2008.
NAN played a major role in securing the previous three stays of execution and through its advocacy, NAN urged the Supreme Court to conduct hearings on the case.
Reverend Sharpton interviewed NAACP head Ben Jealous on his nationally syndicated radio show today about the case and discussed joint efforts. NAN intends to be present September 21st to demonstrate against the scheduled execution.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here