*New York, NY -Tamika D. Mallory, National Executive Director of Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network (NAN), has announced that the organization will start a petition drive immediately to stop the September 21st execution of Troy Anthony Davis.
NAN helped lead the movement for justice around this case when Mr. Davis was first sentenced and Rev. Al Sharpton visited Troy Davis on Death Row and prayed with him in 2008.
NAN played a major role in securing the previous three stays of execution and through its advocacy, NAN urged the Supreme Court to conduct hearings on the case.
Reverend Sharpton interviewed NAACP head Ben Jealous on his nationally syndicated radio show today about the case and discussed joint efforts. NAN intends to be present September 21st to demonstrate against the scheduled execution.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here