*New York, NY -Tamika D. Mallory, National Executive Director of Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network (NAN), has announced that the organization will start a petition drive immediately to stop the September 21st execution of Troy Anthony Davis.
NAN helped lead the movement for justice around this case when Mr. Davis was first sentenced and Rev. Al Sharpton visited Troy Davis on Death Row and prayed with him in 2008.
NAN played a major role in securing the previous three stays of execution and through its advocacy, NAN urged the Supreme Court to conduct hearings on the case.
Reverend Sharpton interviewed NAACP head Ben Jealous on his nationally syndicated radio show today about the case and discussed joint efforts. NAN intends to be present September 21st to demonstrate against the scheduled execution.
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here