*A new video game allows players to get their aggression out on the likes of Fox News Channel hosts Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity, as well as undead members of the Tea Party, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Titled Tea Party Zombies Must Die!, the game comes from StarvingEyes, a company that builds and distributes simple-to-play “advergames.”
On its website Wednesday were games promoting TV networks TLC and The CW, as well as one based on Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer, ironically a movie from FNC sister company 20th Century Fox Film. There’s also a game based on Battlestar Galactica and another on NASCAR.
Tea Party Zombies Must Die! also features zombie-fied images of FNC’s Brit Hume and Mike Huckabee, as well as Glenn Beck, Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann.
Players of the game can use crowbars, shotguns or a machine guns to blast away at Republican politicians and FNC personalities, one of which is named: “Factory Made Blonde Fox News Barbie Who Has Never Had a Problem In Her Life Zombie.”
Just so that players don’t forget that those on the political right are evildoers who must be destroyed by supporters of President Obama, there are partisan messages thrown in, like one that claims the deficit would grow if ObamaCare were to be repealed.
While the game’s getting a lot of attention, especially since a video sample (here) was linked at the Drudge Report, the response by conservatives hasn’t been as much directed at StarvingEyes as it has been focused on perceived hypocrisy by liberals who claim to abhor violent rhetoric and imagery in politics.
“This news comes at just the right time to reinforce the already solid theory that the left doesn’t care at all about the new tone they championed not so long ago,” wrote the MRC’s Stephen Gutowski.
While FNC didn’t respond to a request for comment, Huckabee told FoxNews.com that he was “personally flattered to be included” in the game and he supports the First Amendment rights of its creator. He added, though: “I do not support the hypocrisy of the left who scream at all offenses they can manufacture toward conservatives, but turn their backs on the same standards when applied to someone of their own political ilk.”
And blogger Darin Miller at BigHollywood.com took the trouble to give the game serious review. “The whole levels of the zombie thing – while flattering to Fox and friends who comprise the tougher upper levels of the game’s zombie hierarchy – isn’t realistic,” he wrote. “A zombie invasion would bring America together, not divide us on party lines.”
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gang Threatens to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here