*Things ended quite violently on the season finale of ABC’s “Castle.”
The show follows mystery novelist Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion) as he shadows NYPD Detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic) – the model for the main character of his next book series starring “Nikki Heat.”
In Monday’s fourth season premiere, Beckett is fighting for her life after being shot, Castle is plagued by guilt over his role in the events, and the precinct has to deal with an uncompromising new female captain who takes no mess and demands to be called “Sir.”
“You don’t think that name explains itself?” laughs actress Penny Johnson Jerald, who joins the cast this season as Captain Victoria “Iron” Gates. “You don’t call me ‘ma’am,’ you call me ‘sir,’ and ‘iron’ because she’s by the book and nothing will get past her.”
A former internal affairs officer, Gates is more interested in impressing her higher-ups than doing actual police work. Needless to say, Castle’s constant meddling in police business – all under the guise of research for his novel – will not go over well once she sits behind the desk.
“Hopefully it plays out to be great television because there’ll be contention between the two of them,” says Jerald, 50, from Baltimore. “She is not like her predecessor. He had that paternal flair about him and was nurturing and warm. She’s a bit different. It’s more of a tough love, if love is in the equation at all.”
In the bonus audio below, Jerald admits she didn’t exactly watch “Castle” before being cast in the show, which also stars Tamala Jones and Ruben Santiago-Hudson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 911 Records in Prince Probe Show June 2011 Call over Cocaine Concern (Report)
- Blac Chyna Robbed, Threatens to Sue if Sex Tape with Tyga Leaks
- Chamique Holdsclaw Talks Mind/Game Documentary, Personal Struggle With Mental Illness
- Twitter Trolls React to Old Navy Ad Featuring Interracial Family
- Arsenio Hall Denies Sinead O’Connor's Prince Drug Claim
- Parents, Students Stunned as 2,700 Detroit Teachers 'Call in Sick'
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Logan Westbrooks, Music Industry Pioneer
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here