*Legendary entertainer Dionne Warwick recently celebrated her 50th Anniversary in show business, by hosting the “That’s What Friends Are For” Town Hall Meeting on HIV & AIDS at the Oberia D. Dempsey Center in Harlem, NY.
Ms. Warwick partnered with the Harlem United Community AIDS Center to present the think tank, which was free to the public. Long an advocate of fighting the HIV & AIDS epidemic, she was joined by a panel of diverse Friends, all of whom had lots to add to the lively discussion.
The panel, shown in the photo, is: Dr. L. Jeannine Bookhardt-Murray, Chief Medical Officer of Harlem United; Soraya Elcock, Senior Director of Policy of Harlem United; Original Dreamgirl, Tony Award nominated Actress/Activist Sheryl Lee Ralph; Dionne Warwick; Jacoby Johnson, Managing Director of The Black Men’s Initiative; C. Virginia Fields, former Manhattan Borough President, now President/CEO of The National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS; Emmy Award winning AIDS Activist Rae Lewis-Thornton; Reverend Kevin E. Taylor, Pastor of Unity Fellowship Church in New Brunswick, NJ; and the panel’s commentator, Emmy and Image Award winning broadcast journalist Ed Gordon.
Photo credit: Syncere Zakee.
Mary L. Moore
Double XXposure Media Relations
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here