*Legendary entertainer Dionne Warwick recently celebrated her 50th Anniversary in show business, by hosting the “That’s What Friends Are For” Town Hall Meeting on HIV & AIDS at the Oberia D. Dempsey Center in Harlem, NY.
Ms. Warwick partnered with the Harlem United Community AIDS Center to present the think tank, which was free to the public. Long an advocate of fighting the HIV & AIDS epidemic, she was joined by a panel of diverse Friends, all of whom had lots to add to the lively discussion.
The panel, shown in the photo, is: Dr. L. Jeannine Bookhardt-Murray, Chief Medical Officer of Harlem United; Soraya Elcock, Senior Director of Policy of Harlem United; Original Dreamgirl, Tony Award nominated Actress/Activist Sheryl Lee Ralph; Dionne Warwick; Jacoby Johnson, Managing Director of The Black Men’s Initiative; C. Virginia Fields, former Manhattan Borough President, now President/CEO of The National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS; Emmy Award winning AIDS Activist Rae Lewis-Thornton; Reverend Kevin E. Taylor, Pastor of Unity Fellowship Church in New Brunswick, NJ; and the panel’s commentator, Emmy and Image Award winning broadcast journalist Ed Gordon.
Photo credit: Syncere Zakee.
Mary L. Moore
Double XXposure Media Relations
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here