*Legendary entertainer Dionne Warwick recently celebrated her 50th Anniversary in show business, by hosting the “That’s What Friends Are For” Town Hall Meeting on HIV & AIDS at the Oberia D. Dempsey Center in Harlem, NY.
Ms. Warwick partnered with the Harlem United Community AIDS Center to present the think tank, which was free to the public. Long an advocate of fighting the HIV & AIDS epidemic, she was joined by a panel of diverse Friends, all of whom had lots to add to the lively discussion.
The panel, shown in the photo, is: Dr. L. Jeannine Bookhardt-Murray, Chief Medical Officer of Harlem United; Soraya Elcock, Senior Director of Policy of Harlem United; Original Dreamgirl, Tony Award nominated Actress/Activist Sheryl Lee Ralph; Dionne Warwick; Jacoby Johnson, Managing Director of The Black Men’s Initiative; C. Virginia Fields, former Manhattan Borough President, now President/CEO of The National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS; Emmy Award winning AIDS Activist Rae Lewis-Thornton; Reverend Kevin E. Taylor, Pastor of Unity Fellowship Church in New Brunswick, NJ; and the panel’s commentator, Emmy and Image Award winning broadcast journalist Ed Gordon.
Photo credit: Syncere Zakee.
Mary L. Moore
Double XXposure Media Relations
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph's Diva Foundation & Better Brothers LA Share the Top 6 Reasons for the 2nd Annual Truth Awards
- Judge Tosses Janice Dickinson’s Amended Complaint Against Cosby
- Cam Newton Says 'Show Me a Good Loser and I’ll Show You a Loser'
- EUR Exclusive: Chrisette Michele Talks Wedding, New Single & More (WATCH)
- Beyonce's 'Formation': How Being 'Unapologetically Black' Can Empower Black Women
- Stars Come Out for TV One's New Series 'Here We Go Again' in Atlanta (Pics)
- Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith's Co.) 'Lacks Diversity' (Watch)
- The Socialist's Journal: The Problem for Democrats
- Ex-NFLer Bill Romanowski Calls Cam Newton ‘Boy’ in Racist Rant, Later Apologizes
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here