*Legendary entertainer Dionne Warwick recently celebrated her 50th Anniversary in show business, by hosting the “That’s What Friends Are For” Town Hall Meeting on HIV & AIDS at the Oberia D. Dempsey Center in Harlem, NY.
Ms. Warwick partnered with the Harlem United Community AIDS Center to present the think tank, which was free to the public. Long an advocate of fighting the HIV & AIDS epidemic, she was joined by a panel of diverse Friends, all of whom had lots to add to the lively discussion.
The panel, shown in the photo, is: Dr. L. Jeannine Bookhardt-Murray, Chief Medical Officer of Harlem United; Soraya Elcock, Senior Director of Policy of Harlem United; Original Dreamgirl, Tony Award nominated Actress/Activist Sheryl Lee Ralph; Dionne Warwick; Jacoby Johnson, Managing Director of The Black Men’s Initiative; C. Virginia Fields, former Manhattan Borough President, now President/CEO of The National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS; Emmy Award winning AIDS Activist Rae Lewis-Thornton; Reverend Kevin E. Taylor, Pastor of Unity Fellowship Church in New Brunswick, NJ; and the panel’s commentator, Emmy and Image Award winning broadcast journalist Ed Gordon.
Photo credit: Syncere Zakee.
Mary L. Moore
Double XXposure Media Relations
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here