*Recently at LA Live, in downtown Los Angeles, the GRAMMY Museum hosted “The Drop: Johnny Gill.”
The artist sat down with Vice President of the GRAMMY Foundation Scott Goldman to discuss his career along with the upcoming release of his first album in 16 years, Still Winning, which will be released on October 11.
Jimmy Jam, one of the producers on the album, also joined Gill and Goldman onstage in front of a capacity audience that included Sugar Ray Leonard, Bobby Brown, Ralph Tresvant and Barry Bonds.
Following the conversation Gill took the stage to perform new tracks off of the new album including “Still Winning,” “Black Box,” “My Love,” “It Would Be You” where audience members Barry Bonds and Sugar Ray Leonard joined in and Johnny’s current single “In the Mood.”
Johnny was then joined on stage by fellow New Edition member Ralph Tresvant for “Can You Stand The Rain?” before being joined by Bobby Brown for a rendition of “My Prerogative” and “Rub You The Right Way.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here