*One of R&B’s biggest legends – R. Kelly – stopped by 107.5, WGCI’s Morning Riot radio show in Chicago last week to talk about the new cats following in his shadow, as well as the throat surgery that threatened his singing career.
“It was really scary,” Kelly said of the surgery. “At the end of the Love Letter Tour, towards the end, I started feeling it. “I thought I had a cold, but, man, I had like a cyst as big as a golf ball on my tonsils. The doctor’s though, they cut it out, they took care of me really good.”
As far as the new generation of singers, specifically Trey Songz and Chris Brown, he talked about some insults Songz attempted to hurt his pride with.
“I was pretty numb. I don’t feel those type of things man,” Kelly said of his beef with Songz. “It’s like I’m bullet proof when it comes to beef. I don’t deal with beef. I love steak.”
“I know that Trey Songz is the guy. If he keeps with the hits and he humbles himself a bit more, he will definitely be one of the runner ups.”
Kelly continued by talking his respect for Chris Brown saying: “Chris Brown is already there as far as he’s concerned. Because you know, he’s a humble guy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here