*One of R&B’s biggest legends – R. Kelly – stopped by 107.5, WGCI’s Morning Riot radio show in Chicago last week to talk about the new cats following in his shadow, as well as the throat surgery that threatened his singing career.
“It was really scary,” Kelly said of the surgery. “At the end of the Love Letter Tour, towards the end, I started feeling it. “I thought I had a cold, but, man, I had like a cyst as big as a golf ball on my tonsils. The doctor’s though, they cut it out, they took care of me really good.”
As far as the new generation of singers, specifically Trey Songz and Chris Brown, he talked about some insults Songz attempted to hurt his pride with.
“I was pretty numb. I don’t feel those type of things man,” Kelly said of his beef with Songz. “It’s like I’m bullet proof when it comes to beef. I don’t deal with beef. I love steak.”
“I know that Trey Songz is the guy. If he keeps with the hits and he humbles himself a bit more, he will definitely be one of the runner ups.”
Kelly continued by talking his respect for Chris Brown saying: “Chris Brown is already there as far as he’s concerned. Because you know, he’s a humble guy.”
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here