*One of R&B’s biggest legends – R. Kelly – stopped by 107.5, WGCI’s Morning Riot radio show in Chicago last week to talk about the new cats following in his shadow, as well as the throat surgery that threatened his singing career.
“It was really scary,” Kelly said of the surgery. “At the end of the Love Letter Tour, towards the end, I started feeling it. “I thought I had a cold, but, man, I had like a cyst as big as a golf ball on my tonsils. The doctor’s though, they cut it out, they took care of me really good.”
As far as the new generation of singers, specifically Trey Songz and Chris Brown, he talked about some insults Songz attempted to hurt his pride with.
“I was pretty numb. I don’t feel those type of things man,” Kelly said of his beef with Songz. “It’s like I’m bullet proof when it comes to beef. I don’t deal with beef. I love steak.”
“I know that Trey Songz is the guy. If he keeps with the hits and he humbles himself a bit more, he will definitely be one of the runner ups.”
Kelly continued by talking his respect for Chris Brown saying: “Chris Brown is already there as far as he’s concerned. Because you know, he’s a humble guy.”
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here