*(Via MTV News) – R. Kelly is ready to put the “R” back in R&B. After undergoing throat surgery in July, he stopped by 107.5 WGCI’s Morning Riot radio show in Chicago for a rare interview in which he dropped the title for his next album, Black Panties, and talked about the shots Trey Songz has fired in his direction.
“It was really scary,” Kelly said of his surgery. “At the end of the Love Letter Tour, towards the end, I started feeling it. I thought I had a cold, but, man, I had like a cyst as big as a golf ball on my tonsils. The doctor’s though, they cut it out, they took care of me really good.”
While he is known for super sex anthems like “Your Body’s Callin’,” “Ignition” and “Half on a Baby,” R. Kelly took a gentleman’s approach on his 2010 album Love Letter. But don’t put him in a box. For his upcoming 11th solo LP, the Pied Piper is going to get nasty once again.
“I just did the whole Love Letter joint and everybody thinking, ‘Oh that’s the direction he’s goin’ now,’ ” Kelly said on the Morning Riot on Thursday. “Nah, that was a moment in time, just like ‘Ignition’ and ‘Bump n’ Grind’ and all this stuff was a moment in time. Now this Black Panties album … it’s the new 12 Play.”
Read/learn MORE at MTV News.
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here