*(Via MTV News) – R. Kelly is ready to put the “R” back in R&B. After undergoing throat surgery in July, he stopped by 107.5 WGCI’s Morning Riot radio show in Chicago for a rare interview in which he dropped the title for his next album, Black Panties, and talked about the shots Trey Songz has fired in his direction.
“It was really scary,” Kelly said of his surgery. “At the end of the Love Letter Tour, towards the end, I started feeling it. I thought I had a cold, but, man, I had like a cyst as big as a golf ball on my tonsils. The doctor’s though, they cut it out, they took care of me really good.”
While he is known for super sex anthems like “Your Body’s Callin’,” “Ignition” and “Half on a Baby,” R. Kelly took a gentleman’s approach on his 2010 album Love Letter. But don’t put him in a box. For his upcoming 11th solo LP, the Pied Piper is going to get nasty once again.
“I just did the whole Love Letter joint and everybody thinking, ‘Oh that’s the direction he’s goin’ now,’ ” Kelly said on the Morning Riot on Thursday. “Nah, that was a moment in time, just like ‘Ignition’ and ‘Bump n’ Grind’ and all this stuff was a moment in time. Now this Black Panties album … it’s the new 12 Play.”
Read/learn MORE at MTV News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here