Yes, unfortunately, Raven-Symone’s ABC Family show “State of Georgia” was cancelled on Friday.
If you missed it – and apparently you, us and a whole lotta folks did -Symone played an aspiring actress who leaves the South to become a big star.
The cancellation, as Greg Braxton of the LA Times points out, is the latest in a string of notable stumbles, including a movie flop (“College Road Trip”), an aborted “pajama party” stadium tour and a low-selling album. In the series, she continued much of the over-the-top mugging in display in “That’s So Raven,” one of the longest-running hits on the Disney Channel.
Raven-Symone first gained popularity as the adorable moppet on “The Cosby Show” and became a squeaky-clean tween fixture on the Disney Channel is finding the road to more adult projects a bit bumpy, despite attracting attention for a slimmed-down figure after losing about 40 pounds.
During an interview with The Times in July to promote the series, the actress was a bit testy and abrupt, downplaying her career shortfalls and declining to discuss her strikingly different appearance. “I lost the weight by accident,” she said bluntly.
Braxton’s article also points out that the ABC Family network renewed “Make It or Break It” and given a back-order pickup to its new drama, “The Lying Game.”
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here