Yes, unfortunately, Raven-Symone’s ABC Family show “State of Georgia” was cancelled on Friday.
If you missed it – and apparently you, us and a whole lotta folks did -Symone played an aspiring actress who leaves the South to become a big star.
The cancellation, as Greg Braxton of the LA Times points out, is the latest in a string of notable stumbles, including a movie flop (“College Road Trip”), an aborted “pajama party” stadium tour and a low-selling album. In the series, she continued much of the over-the-top mugging in display in “That’s So Raven,” one of the longest-running hits on the Disney Channel.
Raven-Symone first gained popularity as the adorable moppet on “The Cosby Show” and became a squeaky-clean tween fixture on the Disney Channel is finding the road to more adult projects a bit bumpy, despite attracting attention for a slimmed-down figure after losing about 40 pounds.
During an interview with The Times in July to promote the series, the actress was a bit testy and abrupt, downplaying her career shortfalls and declining to discuss her strikingly different appearance. “I lost the weight by accident,” she said bluntly.
Braxton’s article also points out that the ABC Family network renewed “Make It or Break It” and given a back-order pickup to its new drama, “The Lying Game.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here