Yes, unfortunately, Raven-Symone’s ABC Family show “State of Georgia” was cancelled on Friday.
If you missed it – and apparently you, us and a whole lotta folks did -Symone played an aspiring actress who leaves the South to become a big star.
The cancellation, as Greg Braxton of the LA Times points out, is the latest in a string of notable stumbles, including a movie flop (“College Road Trip”), an aborted “pajama party” stadium tour and a low-selling album. In the series, she continued much of the over-the-top mugging in display in “That’s So Raven,” one of the longest-running hits on the Disney Channel.
Raven-Symone first gained popularity as the adorable moppet on “The Cosby Show” and became a squeaky-clean tween fixture on the Disney Channel is finding the road to more adult projects a bit bumpy, despite attracting attention for a slimmed-down figure after losing about 40 pounds.
During an interview with The Times in July to promote the series, the actress was a bit testy and abrupt, downplaying her career shortfalls and declining to discuss her strikingly different appearance. “I lost the weight by accident,” she said bluntly.
Braxton’s article also points out that the ABC Family network renewed “Make It or Break It” and given a back-order pickup to its new drama, “The Lying Game.”
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here