Yes, unfortunately, Raven-Symone’s ABC Family show “State of Georgia” was cancelled on Friday.
If you missed it – and apparently you, us and a whole lotta folks did -Symone played an aspiring actress who leaves the South to become a big star.
The cancellation, as Greg Braxton of the LA Times points out, is the latest in a string of notable stumbles, including a movie flop (“College Road Trip”), an aborted “pajama party” stadium tour and a low-selling album. In the series, she continued much of the over-the-top mugging in display in “That’s So Raven,” one of the longest-running hits on the Disney Channel.
Raven-Symone first gained popularity as the adorable moppet on “The Cosby Show” and became a squeaky-clean tween fixture on the Disney Channel is finding the road to more adult projects a bit bumpy, despite attracting attention for a slimmed-down figure after losing about 40 pounds.
During an interview with The Times in July to promote the series, the actress was a bit testy and abrupt, downplaying her career shortfalls and declining to discuss her strikingly different appearance. “I lost the weight by accident,” she said bluntly.
Braxton’s article also points out that the ABC Family network renewed “Make It or Break It” and given a back-order pickup to its new drama, “The Lying Game.”
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here