*A report at SoulTracks.com says Maze’s McKinley “Bug” Williams has died.
Williams, the band’s longtime percussionist, passed away in Chattanooga, Tennessee last Friday, September 2 according to an EUR source.
The story goes that he wasn’t feeling well at practice and went to his room. Someone noticed that he left his door opened and went in to check on him, but he was unresponsive. At that point he was rushed to a local hospital where he later died.
Williams, born in Philadelphia, was a life long friend of Frankie Beverly and formed Maze with Beverly following their transition out of a group called the Butlers, Soul Tracks reported.
“I’ve never really played with anyone else,” says Williams about Frankie Beverly at the Maze website. “I always wanted the same basic things that Frank wanted for the band and my attitude was, ‘let’s take it to the max.'”
As of this posting, specific details of Williams’ age, death and funeral services were not available.
Our condolences to the Williams family and and Maze featuring Frankie Beverly.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here