*Rihanna is reportedly set to serve as a guest judge on “The X Factor” sometime this season.
According to TMZ, the singer enjoyed her U.K. “X Factor” finale performance so much, that she — and series creator/star Simon Cowell — wants to hook up a second time. It helps that Rihanna is also signed to Island Def Jam, the Universal Music Group label that “X Factor” judge L.A. Reid ran from 2004 until March of this year.
Rihanna’s reps won’t confirm a booking, but in speaking with The Hollywood Reporter for an August cover story, Cowell emphasized that Reid is “expected to bring in stars.”
Reid is currently chairman and CEO of Sony-owned Epic Label Group, which counts Shakira and Sara Bareilles among its artists. Says Cowell: “L.A. is the most powerful music executive in the world right now. He brings star power with him.”
It was reported last month that Carey was scheduled to shoot her guest segments but was grounded in New York due to Hurricane Irene. Says an “X Factor” source, “It was disappointing, but they’ll work something out.”
Fox has not commented on any guest judge rumors insisting that viewers will find out soon enough. The show premieres on Sept. 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here