*Rihanna is reportedly set to serve as a guest judge on “The X Factor” sometime this season.
According to TMZ, the singer enjoyed her U.K. “X Factor” finale performance so much, that she — and series creator/star Simon Cowell — wants to hook up a second time. It helps that Rihanna is also signed to Island Def Jam, the Universal Music Group label that “X Factor” judge L.A. Reid ran from 2004 until March of this year.
Rihanna’s reps won’t confirm a booking, but in speaking with The Hollywood Reporter for an August cover story, Cowell emphasized that Reid is “expected to bring in stars.”
Reid is currently chairman and CEO of Sony-owned Epic Label Group, which counts Shakira and Sara Bareilles among its artists. Says Cowell: “L.A. is the most powerful music executive in the world right now. He brings star power with him.”
It was reported last month that Carey was scheduled to shoot her guest segments but was grounded in New York due to Hurricane Irene. Says an “X Factor” source, “It was disappointing, but they’ll work something out.”
Fox has not commented on any guest judge rumors insisting that viewers will find out soon enough. The show premieres on Sept. 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here