*Rihanna is reportedly set to serve as a guest judge on “The X Factor” sometime this season.
According to TMZ, the singer enjoyed her U.K. “X Factor” finale performance so much, that she — and series creator/star Simon Cowell — wants to hook up a second time. It helps that Rihanna is also signed to Island Def Jam, the Universal Music Group label that “X Factor” judge L.A. Reid ran from 2004 until March of this year.
Rihanna’s reps won’t confirm a booking, but in speaking with The Hollywood Reporter for an August cover story, Cowell emphasized that Reid is “expected to bring in stars.”
Reid is currently chairman and CEO of Sony-owned Epic Label Group, which counts Shakira and Sara Bareilles among its artists. Says Cowell: “L.A. is the most powerful music executive in the world right now. He brings star power with him.”
It was reported last month that Carey was scheduled to shoot her guest segments but was grounded in New York due to Hurricane Irene. Says an “X Factor” source, “It was disappointing, but they’ll work something out.”
Fox has not commented on any guest judge rumors insisting that viewers will find out soon enough. The show premieres on Sept. 21.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Heartbroken Former Obama Supporter Gives Full Support to Trump [WATCH]
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Morris Chestnut Talks About His Latest Role
- The Socialist’s Journal: Obama and the Ultra-Racialization of America
- Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute to Top Confederate Memorial on Stone Mountain
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here