*Russell Simmons says the television landscape needs an integrated channel that better reflects American culture – and he’s the one to make it happen.
The music mogul is looking to buy a TV network, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The channel would be truly “diverse,” not segregated as is the standard now. Simmons said at a charity event in Hong Kong Tuesday that when mainstream networks “say diversity they mean segregation. ‘Let’s do some more black TV.’ Instead, there’s all these cultures that should be more integrated properly.”
Simmons also said, according to the Wall Street Journal, “Networks are a little slow in how mainstream culture is shifting. There’s a lack of integration in Hollywood, and I want to address that.”
The Def Jam Recordings honcho also revealed during the event that he’s working with Brian Grazer and Ron Howard on a television project. A formal announcement about it is coming soon, promised Simmons, “Now you’ve heard about it. It’s going to happen.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here