*Russell Simmons says the television landscape needs an integrated channel that better reflects American culture – and he’s the one to make it happen.
The music mogul is looking to buy a TV network, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The channel would be truly “diverse,” not segregated as is the standard now. Simmons said at a charity event in Hong Kong Tuesday that when mainstream networks “say diversity they mean segregation. ‘Let’s do some more black TV.’ Instead, there’s all these cultures that should be more integrated properly.”
Simmons also said, according to the Wall Street Journal, “Networks are a little slow in how mainstream culture is shifting. There’s a lack of integration in Hollywood, and I want to address that.”
The Def Jam Recordings honcho also revealed during the event that he’s working with Brian Grazer and Ron Howard on a television project. A formal announcement about it is coming soon, promised Simmons, “Now you’ve heard about it. It’s going to happen.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here