*Russell Simmons says the television landscape needs an integrated channel that better reflects American culture – and he’s the one to make it happen.
The music mogul is looking to buy a TV network, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The channel would be truly “diverse,” not segregated as is the standard now. Simmons said at a charity event in Hong Kong Tuesday that when mainstream networks “say diversity they mean segregation. ‘Let’s do some more black TV.’ Instead, there’s all these cultures that should be more integrated properly.”
Simmons also said, according to the Wall Street Journal, “Networks are a little slow in how mainstream culture is shifting. There’s a lack of integration in Hollywood, and I want to address that.”
The Def Jam Recordings honcho also revealed during the event that he’s working with Brian Grazer and Ron Howard on a television project. A formal announcement about it is coming soon, promised Simmons, “Now you’ve heard about it. It’s going to happen.”
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here