The actress plays the role of a Ava, the only character without kids. She’s a talk-show boss and best friends of new mom Reagan, played by Christina Applegate. But she can’t understand why her friend is always so tired lately.
“I know people who can’t relate to having kids and don’t have kids,” says Rudolph, who puts her parenting experience to use off screen by sharing stories with the writers and producers. As mom to Pearl, 5, Lucille, nearly 2, and infant Jack, born July 3, “I’ve got one going into kindergarten, a toddler and a newborn, so I’ve
got stories to give,” she says, acknowledging that so far she’s “holding it together” juggling work and motherhood.
But the circus act is something she’s gotten used to by now. While on “Saturday Night Live,” she remembers going back and forth between the show and Pearl, who was four months at the time.
“I’d be writing till 4 a.m. and then going home. The baby would be up, so I’d spend time with her, then take a nap and then go to work. It was hard and I did it for as long as I could, but you can only do it for so much before you collapse,” she says, noting that with parenting, a lot of best-laid plans go out the window. “You give into the madness…you wing it. You do your best. You don’t remember half of it because you’re so tired. But as long as the kids are happy and healthy, it’s cool.”
NBC’s “Up All Night“ premieres tonight, Wednesday, at 10:00 pm E/P, after the finale of “America’s Got Talent.” Its normal time slot will be Wednesdays at 8:00 pm E/P.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here