*A football game last Sunday turned from an exciting sporting event to a stun-gun slinging at the MetLife Stadium during the Jets opener against the Cowboys after a fan zapped three other fans. But he denies doing anything wrong.
In fact, he told authorities, “I did what I had to do.”
Larry McKelvey, 59, was arrested for the stun gun incident, but claims the unruly Jets fans harassed him.
During the national anthem, McKelvey refused to stand and was talking on his cell phone during the moment of silence. So a brawl broke out.
“Don’t make be out to be a criminal. I was just doing what I had to do to protect myself,” McKelvey said after being released on $22,500 bail late Monday from the Bergen County Jail.
According to an interview with his son, Charlamange Tha God, on New York radio station Power 105.1, McKelvey is a Jehovah’s Witness and his religion forbids him to stand for the national anthem.
He was charged with three counts of aggravated assault and illegal possession of a stun gun.
And people are wondering how the man was able to get the weapon in the stadium with the heightened security that day.
“He didn’t sneak it in. It was right on his hip,” Charlamange Tha God son said. “I’m glad he had his Taser. A higher power absolutely knew there was going to be some jerks in the stands who would assault him.”
But witnesses said before the altercation became physical, McKelvey pulled out his Taser.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here