*A football game last Sunday turned from an exciting sporting event to a stun-gun slinging at the MetLife Stadium during the Jets opener against the Cowboys after a fan zapped three other fans. But he denies doing anything wrong.
In fact, he told authorities, “I did what I had to do.”
Larry McKelvey, 59, was arrested for the stun gun incident, but claims the unruly Jets fans harassed him.
During the national anthem, McKelvey refused to stand and was talking on his cell phone during the moment of silence. So a brawl broke out.
“Don’t make be out to be a criminal. I was just doing what I had to do to protect myself,” McKelvey said after being released on $22,500 bail late Monday from the Bergen County Jail.
According to an interview with his son, Charlamange Tha God, on New York radio station Power 105.1, McKelvey is a Jehovah’s Witness and his religion forbids him to stand for the national anthem.
He was charged with three counts of aggravated assault and illegal possession of a stun gun.
And people are wondering how the man was able to get the weapon in the stadium with the heightened security that day.
“He didn’t sneak it in. It was right on his hip,” Charlamange Tha God son said. “I’m glad he had his Taser. A higher power absolutely knew there was going to be some jerks in the stands who would assault him.”
But witnesses said before the altercation became physical, McKelvey pulled out his Taser.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here