*Music World Gospel recording artist, Le’Andria Johnson, is being well received in her debut. With the release of her first album, “The Awakening of Le’Andria Johnson,” the singer won over a slew of new fans, toping the Billboard Top Gospel Album chart.
“We are profoundly thankful for the initial success of Le’Andria’s debut project,” said Mathew Knowles, founder, president and CEO of Music World Entertainment. “It shows the power of partnership between music labels and TV, when it is the right brand. We look forward to working with future ‘Sunday Best’ winners and contestants. The feedback from retail has been extremely positive. And the reaction of the music-buying public is very encouraging. Le’Andria will have a worldwide platform to bring her music and her message to audiences near and far, and we believe she will continue to grow her fan base that she developed on ‘Sunday Best.’”
After being out of the national spotlight for over a year, Le’Andria states “It feels good. To God be the glory.”
Le’Andria was recently named among the “15 Top Gospel Artists to Watch” list on ESSENCE.com and has been on tour promoting her new CD across the country with church and concert appearances, as well as radio and press visits.
This week, Le’Andria appeared on the season four finale of BET’s “Sunday Best.” where she performed her new single and joined season 1 and season 2 winners, Crystal Aiken and Y’Anna Crawley, in a tribute performance to gospel icon Mahalia Jackson. This season’s airing of Sunday Best broke all records. Over 2.1 million viewers tuned in and the show ranks as the #1 telecast in franchise history. The show is the #1 cable competition show and Sunday’s #1 cable series among African Americans this year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here