*Lionsgate is heading into production on its newest Tyler Perry project, “The Marriage Counselor.” The studio has set a tentative date of Oct. 25 for the start of production on what would be Perry’s 13th film with the company.
Counselor is adapted from Perry’s tenth play, which began touring in 2008. It explores the deteriorating relationship of a married couple — an accountant and an Ivy League-educated marriage counselor — after his displaced father and her displaced mother move in.
No cast has yet been set, nor is there a release date.
In March, Lionsgate re-upped its first-look deal with Perry, which has been extremely lucrative for both since it began in 2005. The studio will release Tyler Perry’s “Good Deeds” in February.
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here