*Lionsgate is heading into production on its newest Tyler Perry project, “The Marriage Counselor.” The studio has set a tentative date of Oct. 25 for the start of production on what would be Perry’s 13th film with the company.
Counselor is adapted from Perry’s tenth play, which began touring in 2008. It explores the deteriorating relationship of a married couple — an accountant and an Ivy League-educated marriage counselor — after his displaced father and her displaced mother move in.
No cast has yet been set, nor is there a release date.
In March, Lionsgate re-upped its first-look deal with Perry, which has been extremely lucrative for both since it began in 2005. The studio will release Tyler Perry’s “Good Deeds” in February.
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here