*Lionsgate is heading into production on its newest Tyler Perry project, “The Marriage Counselor.” The studio has set a tentative date of Oct. 25 for the start of production on what would be Perry’s 13th film with the company.
Counselor is adapted from Perry’s tenth play, which began touring in 2008. It explores the deteriorating relationship of a married couple — an accountant and an Ivy League-educated marriage counselor — after his displaced father and her displaced mother move in.
No cast has yet been set, nor is there a release date.
In March, Lionsgate re-upped its first-look deal with Perry, which has been extremely lucrative for both since it began in 2005. The studio will release Tyler Perry’s “Good Deeds” in February.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here