*Lionsgate is heading into production on its newest Tyler Perry project, “The Marriage Counselor.” The studio has set a tentative date of Oct. 25 for the start of production on what would be Perry’s 13th film with the company.
Counselor is adapted from Perry’s tenth play, which began touring in 2008. It explores the deteriorating relationship of a married couple — an accountant and an Ivy League-educated marriage counselor — after his displaced father and her displaced mother move in.
No cast has yet been set, nor is there a release date.
In March, Lionsgate re-upped its first-look deal with Perry, which has been extremely lucrative for both since it began in 2005. The studio will release Tyler Perry’s “Good Deeds” in February.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Film Strip: Katie Holmes Tackles Mental Illness in 'Touched by Fire’
- Trump Sticker Causes Heated Interaction Between St. John’s University Students
- Raven-Symoné Reacts to Getting Shoved Out of the Way For Kendall Jenner
- DC Black Entrepreneur Debuts Internship Matchmaker Service
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here