*Are you suffering from malnutrition? Are you receiving any public assistance or do not have access to emergency funds if you need them? Do you experience debilitating depression, so much so, that it has rendered you incapable of holding down a job or looking for one? What about XBox? Do you own one of those or have a computer to read this story on? What about DVD’s and a DVD player, do you have those too?
I ask these, seemingly, unreasonable questions because it appears that “poverty” has taken on a new face since the 60′s and 70′s. Back then, when someone was poor or living below the poverty line, THEY WERE REALLY FRIGGIN’ POOR! Nowadays, if you don’t own an XBox, don’t have a car or have less than 5 DVD’s in the house … you’re poor!
Back when there were …
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here