*So much for World Peace.
Ron Artest — aka Metta World Peace – says being the first to get booted from “Dancing With the Stars” isn’t the worst thing.
“It was fun,” said the Los Angeles Lakers star, who appeared with his partner (and first-time pro) Peta Murgatroyd on “Good Morning America” this morning. “Like I said last night, I had to thank ABC and ‘Dancing With the Stars’ for having me. Thank Peta for teaching me how to dance. Being from New York, the Queens projects, I never knew how to. I enjoy ballroom dance, and Peta was teaching me how to do ballet too.”
So who do they think will win?
“I would think J.R. Martinez,” said Murgatroyd. “He is an absolute standout. Nobody was expecting him to be that good and he was such a natural at it.”
“I would say J.R. and Carson [Kressley],” said World Peace. “I thought I was the most entertaining, but Carson is amazing. I want to do a TV show with that guy.”
World Peace says he has no regrets.
“I got a chance to learn how to dance. From New York, we just two step in the clubs. Peta got me really interested in dancing. I met a good friend… I had a great time. I’m a Ricki Lake groupie. I want to take Nancy Grace to the club in New York.”
“GMA” host Robin Roberts also asked Artest — who blamed his toes for getting eliminated — about changing his name to Metta World Peace.
“Well, Metta World Peace… a lot of thing are going on in the world, anywhere from Afghanistan to North Korea. I’ve got kids. I’m not Buddhist, but Metta, in Buddhist, means loving and kindness. I did ‘Dancing With the Stars’ to raise money for cancer research. My daughter [Diamond] was four when she had cancer, a tumor on her kidney. My daughter’s single comes out on the 27th. It’s called, ‘Fight.’ It’s for little kids going through the same struggle. You can buy it on iTunes.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here