Such is the case with Smokey Robinson, who recently received the Ella Award, named after jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald.
In a sit down with “Access Hollywood Live,” Mr. Robinson lets the hosts know that he appreciates the accolades, but that’s not why he does what he does.
“I don’t do this to get awards, and when I do it’s like icing on the cake because I don’t expect them,” he said.
Smokey also talks about his crush on Diana Ross from way back in the day when they were youngsters.
Check it out:
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here