Such is the case with Smokey Robinson, who recently received the Ella Award, named after jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald.
In a sit down with “Access Hollywood Live,” Mr. Robinson lets the hosts know that he appreciates the accolades, but that’s not why he does what he does.
“I don’t do this to get awards, and when I do it’s like icing on the cake because I don’t expect them,” he said.
Smokey also talks about his crush on Diana Ross from way back in the day when they were youngsters.
Check it out:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here