Such is the case with Smokey Robinson, who recently received the Ella Award, named after jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald.
In a sit down with “Access Hollywood Live,” Mr. Robinson lets the hosts know that he appreciates the accolades, but that’s not why he does what he does.
“I don’t do this to get awards, and when I do it’s like icing on the cake because I don’t expect them,” he said.
Smokey also talks about his crush on Diana Ross from way back in the day when they were youngsters.
Check it out:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here