Such is the case with Smokey Robinson, who recently received the Ella Award, named after jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald.
In a sit down with “Access Hollywood Live,” Mr. Robinson lets the hosts know that he appreciates the accolades, but that’s not why he does what he does.
“I don’t do this to get awards, and when I do it’s like icing on the cake because I don’t expect them,” he said.
Smokey also talks about his crush on Diana Ross from way back in the day when they were youngsters.
Check it out:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here