Such is the case with Smokey Robinson, who recently received the Ella Award, named after jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald.
In a sit down with “Access Hollywood Live,” Mr. Robinson lets the hosts know that he appreciates the accolades, but that’s not why he does what he does.
“I don’t do this to get awards, and when I do it’s like icing on the cake because I don’t expect them,” he said.
Smokey also talks about his crush on Diana Ross from way back in the day when they were youngsters.
Check it out:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here