*Nestled among the numerous television specials commemorating the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks was an ad for State Farm that is getting just as much attention for its simple message of thanks to a crew of first responders.
Directed by Spike Lee, the spot features 150 schoolchildren walking to a Manhattan firehouse to serenade the firemen with “Empire State of Mind,” the Jay-Z and Alicia Keys anthem that celebrates New York.
The montage, which also spotlights the new memorial at Ground Zero, ends with the words “Never forgotten. Forever Grateful.”
Watch below, then scroll down to watch how it all came together.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here