*Nestled among the numerous television specials commemorating the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks was an ad for State Farm that is getting just as much attention for its simple message of thanks to a crew of first responders.
Directed by Spike Lee, the spot features 150 schoolchildren walking to a Manhattan firehouse to serenade the firemen with “Empire State of Mind,” the Jay-Z and Alicia Keys anthem that celebrates New York.
The montage, which also spotlights the new memorial at Ground Zero, ends with the words “Never forgotten. Forever Grateful.”
Watch below, then scroll down to watch how it all came together.
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here