After claiming the rights to Teddy Pendergrass’s life story and gearing up for filming a new “Fast & Furious,” the singer is preparing for the release of another album, the best one of his career he claims.
“The album is done, mixed and mastered, it’s done… I’m just excited. This album was done at my house, like a real labor of love. I had 14 people sleeping at my crib for three weeks… They gave me the best album of my career… I’m very proud of this album,” said Tyrese whose Open Invitation hits stores Nov. 1.
It’s been nearly five years since the singer has put out any new material. But with the latest project, he says this one will definitely be a collection of emotions, experiences, and love.
“I haven’t worked on music since I was married at one point and then divorced, so I had all of this stuff bottled up,” he told the Breakfast Club DJs at 105.1 in New York.
But that’s not all. Tyrese is getting ready for his second book, “Manology” co-written by Rev. Run. Right now the two are looking for a publisher that will fit the bill. About the book, he says it’s a guide book of sorts for women.
“We gonna kind of pick up a lot of pieces from a lot of these other types of book, just kind of giving women information on how we think, how to go about us and deal with us,” said Tyrese who offered a preview of what to expect.
“The first chapter I wrote in the book is called ‘Validation Is a Man’s Silent Killer,”’ he said. “I felt like a part of my reason in being disappointed in my ex-wife was she would ask me to stop doing this, acting like this, going about this, hangout out with this, whatever the case may be, and if I decided to make these adjustments, she never validated me and made me feel good about doing whatever she asked me to do.”
Check out the interview below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here