*Whitney Houston is reportedly in final negotiations for a big-screen comeback in Sony’s remake of the 1976 film “Sparkle,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Jordin Sparks will make her feature film debut in the movie, and Mike Epps has also been cast.
Mara Brock Akil wrote the script and her husband, Salim Akil is directing. The latter worked with Epps on Sony’s “Jumping the Broom.”
Houston, meanwhile, hasn’t been in a movie since she traveled to Portland, Maine to make Penny Marshall’s 1996 “The Preacher’s Wife” opposite Denzel Washington.
“Sparkle” focuses on three sisters who form a musical group and then have to contend with the ups and downs of stardom. Debra Martin Chase is producing the Sony project. Production is scheduled to begin next month.
Tri-Star Pictures is distributing in association with Stage 6 Films.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Continues with the Epic Warner Bros.’ Presentation
- Kellita Smith Joins the Cast of 'In the Cut'
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here