*Whitney Houston is reportedly in final negotiations for a big-screen comeback in Sony’s remake of the 1976 film “Sparkle,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Jordin Sparks will make her feature film debut in the movie, and Mike Epps has also been cast.
Mara Brock Akil wrote the script and her husband, Salim Akil is directing. The latter worked with Epps on Sony’s “Jumping the Broom.”
Houston, meanwhile, hasn’t been in a movie since she traveled to Portland, Maine to make Penny Marshall’s 1996 “The Preacher’s Wife” opposite Denzel Washington.
“Sparkle” focuses on three sisters who form a musical group and then have to contend with the ups and downs of stardom. Debra Martin Chase is producing the Sony project. Production is scheduled to begin next month.
Tri-Star Pictures is distributing in association with Stage 6 Films.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Golden State Warriors and Steph Curry Mingle with Pres. Obama
- John Hairston: Why So Many R&B Radio Stations Are Becoming Black History!
- Kanye West 53 Million dollars in Debt; the TRUTH Behind the SHINE
- Corrie Harris Asks Are you 'Entouch' with Fashion?
- Happy Valentines Day from ThisNthat: 3 Funny Videos Just for You!
- Steve Harvey's Decepti-Date Segment is An #EpicFail
- SNL's 'The Day Beyoncé Turned Black' is Beyond Hilarious (WATCH)
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here