*Whitney Houston is reportedly in final negotiations for a big-screen comeback in Sony’s remake of the 1976 film “Sparkle,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Jordin Sparks will make her feature film debut in the movie, and Mike Epps has also been cast.
Mara Brock Akil wrote the script and her husband, Salim Akil is directing. The latter worked with Epps on Sony’s “Jumping the Broom.”
Houston, meanwhile, hasn’t been in a movie since she traveled to Portland, Maine to make Penny Marshall’s 1996 “The Preacher’s Wife” opposite Denzel Washington.
“Sparkle” focuses on three sisters who form a musical group and then have to contend with the ups and downs of stardom. Debra Martin Chase is producing the Sony project. Production is scheduled to begin next month.
Tri-Star Pictures is distributing in association with Stage 6 Films.
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here