*R&B veterans Syleena Johnson, Faith Evans, Tweet, Angie Stone and others will star in an upcoming reality show, “Diary of a Diva,” which will follow the lives and careers of the singers.
Johnson, who recently released her fifth album, “Chapter V: Underrated” (Sept. 27), confirmed to both Soultrain.com and Billboard.com’s The Juice that the show will begin taping this month. Although a network has yet to be confirmed for “Diary of a Diva,” Johnson expects that it will air in January 2012. Production company The Think Factory has already signed on.
“It’s like an R&B ‘Housewives meets an ‘Unsung,’ Johnson told The Juice.
“Diary of a Diva” will also feature other established artists Monifah, KeKe Wyatt, LeLee of SWV and Brownstone original member Nicci Gilbert and new member Teisha Jaretta.
Like “Basketball Wives,” the show will let fans see the women as spouses and mothers, but do not expect any over-the-top fights.
“The good news is that you’re dealing with a group of women who have careers and lives and focus, where we don’t really have time to sit around and argue,” Johnson told Soultrain.com. “So if there’s drama, which I’m sure there will be, there’s definitely going to be resolutions, you’re going to be able to see resolutions as well.”
Like “Unsung,” the show will also provide insight into the ladies professional lives. “How we deal with men in the industry, that’s a dilemma, and I’m sure everybody wants to see that,” Johnson said.
The show will also provide updates on their careers, as many of them have been away from the spotlight. “Where have we been, what has happened? So that’s going to be one of the most awesome shows on television,” she said.
Johnson told The Juice that Nicci Gilbert came up with the idea. “Nicci Gilbert created it all by herself. She approached me and then she went in with Faith for production.”
Johnson also said that prior to signing on to the show, several of the artists were already planning other reality shows. “Faith was going to do her own show but Faith stopped her own show to do this one.”
Johnson and Tweet were also going to do a reality show, but Tweet pulled out to sign a record deal and work on her own material. Similarly, LeLee and her SWV bandmates confirmed earlier this year that they were in talks to do a reality show. There is no word on the status of that show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here