*As previously reported, President Obama will make a return swing through Los Angeles to court Latino voters on Oct. 24. It was announced last night that the fundraiser will take place at the home of actors Antonio Banderas and his wife Melanie Griffith, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The event, the first ever national Latino gala for Obama’s candidacy, will begin at 6 p.m. The street address for the couple’s home was not released, however they were last listed as living in Hancock Park.
Other co-hosts include national Futuro Fund chairs Giselle Fernandez, Andres W. Lopez, Henry R. Muñoz III and Manuel “Manny” Sanchez. The event will also feature Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro. Tickets to attend the gala range from $5,000 to $35,800.
The event is expected to attract Latino Obama supporters from across the country, plus a number of Obama’s Hollywood backers. It is the president’s second Los Angeles visit since Labor Day.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Butt-Injection Death of Bronx Non-profit Executive Ruled 'A Homicide'
- NBAer James Harden Proclaims: ‘I Am the Best Player in the League’
- Woman Punched by CHP Officer Arrested Again on Same Freeway!
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Roseburg, Oregon Publisher Declares Pres. Obama is 'Not Welcome’ (WATCH)
- Online Tools and Resources Every Small Business - Entrepreneur Should Have
- Syreeta 'The Trumpet Lady' Thompson Releases Digital Single
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here