*As previously reported, President Obama will make a return swing through Los Angeles to court Latino voters on Oct. 24. It was announced last night that the fundraiser will take place at the home of actors Antonio Banderas and his wife Melanie Griffith, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The event, the first ever national Latino gala for Obama’s candidacy, will begin at 6 p.m. The street address for the couple’s home was not released, however they were last listed as living in Hancock Park.
Other co-hosts include national Futuro Fund chairs Giselle Fernandez, Andres W. Lopez, Henry R. Muñoz III and Manuel “Manny” Sanchez. The event will also feature Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro. Tickets to attend the gala range from $5,000 to $35,800.
The event is expected to attract Latino Obama supporters from across the country, plus a number of Obama’s Hollywood backers. It is the president’s second Los Angeles visit since Labor Day.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th B-day and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here