*Radio personality Michael Baisden has announced plans to give away a half-million dollars to small businesses and non-profits via a “Million Dollar Business Pitch” campaign. Submission details will be announced on Nov. 28 via his nationally syndicated “The Michael Baisden Show,” as well as Twitter and Facebook.
“It’s time for those of us who have done well because of the people, to give back to the people,” says Baisden. “While we relax in our comfortable homes driving our expensive cars, families are being destroyed. I understand that I can’t save the world, but I can reach back and help as many people as I can and hopefully inspire others to do the same! It’s time to pay it forward in a big way!”
Over the past eight years, the radio vet has advocated for civil rights issues, campaigned for voter registration, supported free health clinics, and promoted mentoring with a 70-city bus tour. Most recently Baisden took his microphone to Occupy Wall Street in New York, engaging his listeners up close and personal with protesters from the site.
“As President Obama said, we can’t wait fourteen months; some of my listeners won’t survive another fourteen weeks. We have to do something now,” he stated.
To get more information on how you can win a share of his Million Dollar Business Pitch, follow The Michael Baisden Show on Facebook (on Baisdenlive) and Twitter (@BaisdenLive). Details on how to submit your business will be announced live on The Michael Baisden Show on Nov. 28 between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. ET. Log onto www.Baisdenlive.com to listen to the live stream or download the TuneIn radio app and search Michael Baisden show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here