*A rep for Harry Belafonte is denying that he fell asleep during an early morning television interview with KBAK in Bakersfield, California. The clip, which has since gone viral, shows anchor Leyla Santiago failing in her attempts to get the 84-year-old entertainer’s attention as he sits motionless with his eyes closed.
Santiago began yelling, “Harry, wake up! Harry? Wake up, wake up! This is your wake-up call, Harry!” – all to no avail.
According to the New York Daily News, Belafonte’s representative Ken Sunshine has insisted the singer was merely “meditating” after a technical glitch that made his earpiece fall out.
“Mr. Belafonte is 84-years-young, but sharper and more awake than most who have been interviewing him,” he explained. “Maybe the world would be a better place if more people took a moment to meditate.”
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here