*A rep for Harry Belafonte is denying that he fell asleep during an early morning television interview with KBAK in Bakersfield, California. The clip, which has since gone viral, shows anchor Leyla Santiago failing in her attempts to get the 84-year-old entertainer’s attention as he sits motionless with his eyes closed.
Santiago began yelling, “Harry, wake up! Harry? Wake up, wake up! This is your wake-up call, Harry!” – all to no avail.
According to the New York Daily News, Belafonte’s representative Ken Sunshine has insisted the singer was merely “meditating” after a technical glitch that made his earpiece fall out.
“Mr. Belafonte is 84-years-young, but sharper and more awake than most who have been interviewing him,” he explained. “Maybe the world would be a better place if more people took a moment to meditate.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday Surrounded by Celebs and Well Wishers
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Funnee: Will and Jada Called Out for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Agents of Change Docu Is Centerpiece Film At PAFF
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here