*A rep for Harry Belafonte is denying that he fell asleep during an early morning television interview with KBAK in Bakersfield, California. The clip, which has since gone viral, shows anchor Leyla Santiago failing in her attempts to get the 84-year-old entertainer’s attention as he sits motionless with his eyes closed.
Santiago began yelling, “Harry, wake up! Harry? Wake up, wake up! This is your wake-up call, Harry!” – all to no avail.
According to the New York Daily News, Belafonte’s representative Ken Sunshine has insisted the singer was merely “meditating” after a technical glitch that made his earpiece fall out.
“Mr. Belafonte is 84-years-young, but sharper and more awake than most who have been interviewing him,” he explained. “Maybe the world would be a better place if more people took a moment to meditate.”
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here