*A rep for Harry Belafonte is denying that he fell asleep during an early morning television interview with KBAK in Bakersfield, California. The clip, which has since gone viral, shows anchor Leyla Santiago failing in her attempts to get the 84-year-old entertainer’s attention as he sits motionless with his eyes closed.
Santiago began yelling, “Harry, wake up! Harry? Wake up, wake up! This is your wake-up call, Harry!” – all to no avail.
According to the New York Daily News, Belafonte’s representative Ken Sunshine has insisted the singer was merely “meditating” after a technical glitch that made his earpiece fall out.
“Mr. Belafonte is 84-years-young, but sharper and more awake than most who have been interviewing him,” he explained. “Maybe the world would be a better place if more people took a moment to meditate.”
- John Legend Taking His Talents to ‘The SpongeBob Musical’
- ‘Back to This B**ch’: Why Nicki Minaj Checked Miley Cyrus on Live TV
- Black Twitter Drags Rebel Wilson Over VMA ‘Stripper Police’ Bit
- Nile Rodgers Gets BMI Icon Award - EUR was on the Scene (WATCH)
- New Comic 'Raising Dion': Single, Black Mother with Superhuman Son
- Harris Co., TX Sherriff Classifies Black Lives Matter as ‘Rhetoric’ Leading to Deputy’s Death
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here