*A rep for Harry Belafonte is denying that he fell asleep during an early morning television interview with KBAK in Bakersfield, California. The clip, which has since gone viral, shows anchor Leyla Santiago failing in her attempts to get the 84-year-old entertainer’s attention as he sits motionless with his eyes closed.
Santiago began yelling, “Harry, wake up! Harry? Wake up, wake up! This is your wake-up call, Harry!” – all to no avail.
According to the New York Daily News, Belafonte’s representative Ken Sunshine has insisted the singer was merely “meditating” after a technical glitch that made his earpiece fall out.
“Mr. Belafonte is 84-years-young, but sharper and more awake than most who have been interviewing him,” he explained. “Maybe the world would be a better place if more people took a moment to meditate.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here