*Chris Brown and Laz Alonso join “Lost” star Josh Holloway, Josh Peck and Caity Lotz in the ensemble cast of “Planet B Boy,” a music-themed drama from Screen Gems.
The movie, based on the award-winning documentary “Planet B-Boy,” began production in Los Angeles this week under director Benson Lee. Production will eventually move to Montpellier, France.
The 2007 documentary focused on the international world of B-boying, referred to in the States as breakdancing. Although the urban dance waned in popularity stateside after peaking in the 1980s, it has evolved and thrived in countries including Japan, South Korea, France and Germany, where in underground form it became more aggressive and athletic.
The movie, according to Screen Gems, “is about an all-star American b-boy crew training to compete in France at the Battle of the Year (BOTY) International Championships. After a decade of defeat, the crew and their coach must go up against the best and greatest b-boys in the world: the Koreans, the Russians and the French who have dominated the original American dance form for the last 10 years.”
Watch a clip from the “Planet B Boy” documentary below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here