*Denzel Washington has reached deep into his pockets for his alma mater Fordham University.
The university said Monday that the Oscar winner has given $2 million to endow the Denzel Washington Chair in Theatre, and another $250,000 to establish a scholarship for a minority undergraduate student studying theater at Fordham, reports the AP.
Phylicia Rashad, who played Clair Huxtable on “The Cosby Show,” has joined the school’s faculty as the first Denzel Washington Chair in Theatre.
Washington cited the late Bob Stone, who was a theater professor at Fordham, for inspiring him.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here