*Denzel Washington has reached deep into his pockets for his alma mater Fordham University.
The university said Monday that the Oscar winner has given $2 million to endow the Denzel Washington Chair in Theatre, and another $250,000 to establish a scholarship for a minority undergraduate student studying theater at Fordham, reports the AP.
Phylicia Rashad, who played Clair Huxtable on “The Cosby Show,” has joined the school’s faculty as the first Denzel Washington Chair in Theatre.
Washington cited the late Bob Stone, who was a theater professor at Fordham, for inspiring him.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here