*With prosecutors making a pretty strong case that it was the gross negligence of Michael Jackson’s personal doctor Conrad Murray that led to the singer’s death, it’s time to revisit some words of wisdom from a woman who knows a thing or two about the importance of choosing the right doctors.
In fact, taking medical care into your own hands and having the courage to get second opinions are the main lessons that “What’s Happening!” star Danielle Spencer-Fields wants folks to take away from her self-published autobiography, “Through the Fire: Journal of a Child Star.” Released in January 2011, the book details the horrors of her own experience with misguided doctors and physical therapists following a car crash that left her in a coma for three weeks, and with a broken pelvis, leg and arm.
“You have to be your own advocate when it comes to your health,” stresses Spencer-Fields, who would probably still be in a debilitated state had she not taken it upon herself to switch doctors.
The former child star, who continues to practice veterinary medicine, tells EURweb exclusively that patients need to be bold like her sass-filled character Dee when it comes to their own medical care.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here