*With prosecutors making a pretty strong case that it was the gross negligence of Michael Jackson’s personal doctor Conrad Murray that led to the singer’s death, it’s time to revisit some words of wisdom from a woman who knows a thing or two about the importance of choosing the right doctors.
In fact, taking medical care into your own hands and having the courage to get second opinions are the main lessons that “What’s Happening!” star Danielle Spencer-Fields wants folks to take away from her self-published autobiography, “Through the Fire: Journal of a Child Star.” Released in January 2011, the book details the horrors of her own experience with misguided doctors and physical therapists following a car crash that left her in a coma for three weeks, and with a broken pelvis, leg and arm.
“You have to be your own advocate when it comes to your health,” stresses Spencer-Fields, who would probably still be in a debilitated state had she not taken it upon herself to switch doctors.
The former child star, who continues to practice veterinary medicine, tells EURweb exclusively that patients need to be bold like her sass-filled character Dee when it comes to their own medical care.
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here