*With prosecutors making a pretty strong case that it was the gross negligence of Michael Jackson’s personal doctor Conrad Murray that led to the singer’s death, it’s time to revisit some words of wisdom from a woman who knows a thing or two about the importance of choosing the right doctors.
In fact, taking medical care into your own hands and having the courage to get second opinions are the main lessons that “What’s Happening!” star Danielle Spencer-Fields wants folks to take away from her self-published autobiography, “Through the Fire: Journal of a Child Star.” Released in January 2011, the book details the horrors of her own experience with misguided doctors and physical therapists following a car crash that left her in a coma for three weeks, and with a broken pelvis, leg and arm.
“You have to be your own advocate when it comes to your health,” stresses Spencer-Fields, who would probably still be in a debilitated state had she not taken it upon herself to switch doctors.
The former child star, who continues to practice veterinary medicine, tells EURweb exclusively that patients need to be bold like her sass-filled character Dee when it comes to their own medical care.
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here