*With prosecutors making a pretty strong case that it was the gross negligence of Michael Jackson’s personal doctor Conrad Murray that led to the singer’s death, it’s time to revisit some words of wisdom from a woman who knows a thing or two about the importance of choosing the right doctors.
In fact, taking medical care into your own hands and having the courage to get second opinions are the main lessons that “What’s Happening!” star Danielle Spencer-Fields wants folks to take away from her self-published autobiography, “Through the Fire: Journal of a Child Star.” Released in January 2011, the book details the horrors of her own experience with misguided doctors and physical therapists following a car crash that left her in a coma for three weeks, and with a broken pelvis, leg and arm.
“You have to be your own advocate when it comes to your health,” stresses Spencer-Fields, who would probably still be in a debilitated state had she not taken it upon herself to switch doctors.
The former child star, who continues to practice veterinary medicine, tells EURweb exclusively that patients need to be bold like her sass-filled character Dee when it comes to their own medical care.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here