While he’s still doing his music thing and everyone is waiting for his album, he’s busy making money in electronics. He and business partner Jimmy Lovine sold the majority of Beats Electronics to Taiwanese company HTC for something around $309 million.
“I am trying to build my electronics company, Beats Electronics. We just signed a major deal with HTC and we have cell phones coming out in the next two weeks,” Dre told GlobalGrind.com. “I am involved in Chrysler; we are in cars right now. My whole thing is to take over everything with a speaker. That is what I am shooting for.
“I am trying to be number 2 to Apple, and number 2 to Apple is not a bad position to be in,” he added.
The details are limited, but he says the phone will be out via Verizon in the coming weeks. Ambiguous, yes, and any dates coming from Dre are a bit sketchy, so don’t even ask about the long delayed “Detox” album.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here