Julius “Dr. J” Erving has been slapped with a $200,000 lawsuit filed by Georgia Primary Bank. According to the suit, he hasn’t paid up on a loan he took out for corporation, The Erving Group, Inc. of Atlanta.
The company was given a $1 million line of credit back in 2009. The balance was due the following year April. Erving used a Gwinnett County home as collateral for the loan.
Even after the line of credit was reduced to $750,000 and collections letters have been sent, the bank hasn’t received the outstanding balance of $205,277. 84.
But that’s not the end of his financial woes.
Erving purchased the Heritage Golf Club in 2008, but it went into foreclosure two years later.
While all of this is festering in Dr. J’s world, some of his most coveted NBA memorabilia items, including his 1983 Philadelphia 76ers championship ring, are being auctioned off on Friday. However, the doctor is denying that it’s tied to the lawsuit. In any event, the starting bids for some items begin at $25,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here