Julius “Dr. J” Erving has been slapped with a $200,000 lawsuit filed by Georgia Primary Bank. According to the suit, he hasn’t paid up on a loan he took out for corporation, The Erving Group, Inc. of Atlanta.
The company was given a $1 million line of credit back in 2009. The balance was due the following year April. Erving used a Gwinnett County home as collateral for the loan.
Even after the line of credit was reduced to $750,000 and collections letters have been sent, the bank hasn’t received the outstanding balance of $205,277. 84.
But that’s not the end of his financial woes.
Erving purchased the Heritage Golf Club in 2008, but it went into foreclosure two years later.
While all of this is festering in Dr. J’s world, some of his most coveted NBA memorabilia items, including his 1983 Philadelphia 76ers championship ring, are being auctioned off on Friday. However, the doctor is denying that it’s tied to the lawsuit. In any event, the starting bids for some items begin at $25,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here